Agnostic.com

33 9

I absolutely love the holidays. I don't believe in god, never have but I love the songs, the lights, the foods, the decorations. Anyone else?

Crimson67 8 Dec 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

33 comments (26 - 33)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The food yesss i can do without the rest

I like the time with my daughters most, but food, time off work, college football playoff and bowl games. I used to love to go hunting during the holidays. Not to kill something nearly as much as just getting out in the woods away from society and crowds and noise and traffic. Turned off by the commercialization and the pathological consumerism.

I think the absolutely dumbest Christmas song may well be The Little Drummer Boy. What kind of idiot thinks it's a good idea to keep a newborn awake with a drum solo? If that had been a real incident, Mary would probably have cussed him out for waking the kid when she'd just got him to sleep.

I could go the rest of my life without hearing songs about people's grandmothers getting run over by reindeer and rodents who want a hula hoop for Christmas, but I do enjoy the Christmas music on our local classical radio station this time of year, and that includes the orchestral renditions of familiar Christmas carols. Likewise, I'm not one for decorating myself, but I do enjoy going out to see how other people have decorated their homes.

The songs are always the same, year in and year out. I don't like that even with the "normal" music I try to follow. The decorations can cause the house to burn down or the dog or cat to die from eating parts of the tree. The food is great, but I don't need the weight gain. Other than that, well, it's based on lies, so I gonna go with "no" on this one. 🙂

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:8646
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.