Agnostic.com

30 2

What's your favorite language and or foreign culture?

• 14 votes
  • 11 votes
  • 7 votes
  • 8 votes
  • 2 votes
  • 0 votes
  • 4 votes
  • 31 votes
josh_is_exciting 7 May 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

30 comments (26 - 30)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Spanish-South America, Spain

Scotland, it's the land of my ancestors.
Germany, spent two years there and loved the attitude, food and culture.

Love Asian and Italian food and cultures. but l'm happy right here.

Had they still been living, my Italian grandparents on my mother's side of the family would have whipped you up a nice lasagna dinner.

@SpikeTalon Probably one of the best dishes ever invented. I envy your childhood.. 😉

German because I lived there for 5 years. 3 in divided West Berlin 1988-1991 so saw it (The Berlin Wall) come down around me. I miss the people of that city to this day and strangely feel more drawn to it than the town I grew up in here in the states.

Since I retired 6 years ago, I've been to 8 European Countries, 2 Middle Eastern and before retiring 5 others which were vacations which I do not consider favorites. WTF are going to learn about a culture when your on vacation totally oblivious to what the culture is all about. I live in a culturally diverse country which I consider full of bigots, racists and criminals which far surpass any of the above countries I mention above. When I speak to a racist, one of the first things that I try and gather from the conjectures being exchanged is if the individual with whom I am having a rather offended conversation if they have ever visited any other foreign country. The other is usually apparent and it involves the region of the country and if they have ever moved to another distant location. To this I can only attribute two of the most prominent and direct causes of bigotry and misguided, misinformed and under educated class of people.
To answer your obviously misquoted comment. The world is full of a variety of cross cultural differentially diverse people who were made to travel because of war, famine or disease. We are only segregated by Blood Type, Everything else is transferable regardless of race color or creed. When I am through traveling the other continents will I come back and not even attempt to make such a ridiculous remark. You list is lacking a host of other diversified origins of interest which I would agree that they would find offensive that you left them out of the Mix. I'm not making any offensive retorts but am explaining the need to travel to everywhere you can and enjoy everyone at every meal, situation, tour, ceremony and curiosity that brought you.
To this I will also like to reinforce the absolute scientific factor about race, creed, or country that we are only differentiated by Blood Type which all leads back to Africa. Tell me otherwise.

Wow. That was a diatribe based on a question listed in the Silly, Random, Fun section. Lighten up!

That's a great post! Travel and immerse in the different ways of living.

@josh_is_exciting So read it Again. I am trying to explain to people whom have never adventured abroad to 'take the dip. swallow the water and enjoy the trip. Your on a Ship. I travel on land always and for a longer period of time then you port of call destination. I wander about for 6 weeks or longer, shake hands, have coffee and breakfast, lunch and whatever tourist guide happens about.

@josh_is_exciting, @AmelieMatisse Get real, pack a bag, book a ticket and take twice as less clothes and twice as much money for more than a three week stay and you will experience a life. you always wanted but never knew existed. Don't just think about it.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:86946
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.