Agnostic.com

35 4

What attracts you to someone?

Gender unspecified as I’d like answers from all. What attracts you to someone? What is your definition of beautiful? Do you think that your mate choice is influenced by what society considers “the perfect match”? Younger or older? This may have been asked somewhere before, but I couldn’t find it so sorry if this seems a redundant question.

Vicki2018 6 May 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

35 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This question never gets old, don't be sorry. I don't know, there are qualities that are important in all my friends, a sense of fairness and a sense of humor, shared values. There are some very subtle cues, maybe pheromones or body language that make the difference between "I like you" and "oh baby" Really pretty helps, honestly, and while my aesthetic varies a little from the norm most people would mostly agree with my assessment. Acceptable looking with a sexy outlook beats Barbie doll without every time. I have baseline requirements for the obvious stuff like hygiene and intelligence that have to be met. I most like girly girls that kind of melt when I hold them but can step up too when times get tough. Both my wives and a very favored girlfriend had a very noble and heroic mindset. My wife for example has gotten in trouble at work when a younger or less assertive coworker is being harassed or treated unfairly by management and she stepped in. Chemistry is always important but character stays sexy forever.

Huge tracts of land...

Intelligence, wit, fitness, kindness, respect, conversational ability, witty banter, sparkling eyes, good manners, a nice smile and good hygiene. Also good smell.

"When we meet we ought to circle each other, sniffing like dogs," I joked to men before meeting. I was talking about pheromones. Very few got the joke, so I dropped it.

Shared recreational activities are a bonding experience for couples. That's why I want a man who also loves hiking.

"When we meet we ought to circle each other, sniffing like dogs,".Boy am I screwed...

I like smarts, intelligence, wit, a good sense of humor & the absurd, & the ability to laugh at themselves. I like a sense of adventure, a can do attitude & a drive to try new things. Honesty, integrity, & a willingness to do the right thing, even when its difficult.

I'm 5'1" & tend to be attracted to guys 5'8" or better. Guys my age arent interested in me so I tend to date younger guys because they show interest & ask me out.

Pretty sure society finds me to be a hedonistic heathen of epic proportions.

Good sense of humor and the absurd.
Ability to "go off the trail".
Enjoys quiet/not having to talk all the time.
Non materialistic.
Chocolate & coffee.

Their eyes & if they seem interested in me!

Usually the first thing I notice is the sense of humor or the kindness. These are really important to me. Other than that, every thing is open... I don't care the age, the profession, the body type,...

Intelligence. Logic. Sense of humour. A nice smile. Kind eyes. Empathy to others - especially to those in "lower" socio-economic roles or positions. an open mind. a love of books. all great turn-ons to me. Physical looks come second to all of the above.,

Boobies! (jk) (sorta)

Eyes definitely the eyes. If a woman will look me in the eye I will engage in polite conversation

Apparently I have a thing for Jewish (ethnicity) guys. If at first glance I'm like, "he's cute!", my second thought is, "I think he might be Jewish..." I was 30 when someone pointed out to me that all the guys I thought were attractive were Jewish. Go figure....

Well crap! Sallow skin, graying blond hair, German/Celtic features! I could change my name to yeshua and get a tan?

I learned a long time ago chemistry is often alt truth! I am attracted to intelligence especially if it included open mindedness, assertiveness, energy and multiple interests. I want someone who likes the outdoors and is concerned about the environment. I seem to be attracted to shorter, dark haired women (the one bit of chemistry I seem influenced by). I look to commonalities, mental, emotional, physical and fiscal.That all takes time and communication. I don't look for easy answers.

If she is in the dance floor, her interaction with her partner, her grace, is she enjoying herself? So much to admire in a woman and women are the only one capable of giving birth! I can watch them all day walk by.

I’m bisexual, but I’m more attracted to personality than anything, either sex. I prefer people in my age group; younger than 50 skeeves me out a little.
Kindness, empathy, honesty are all very attractive. I don’t feel bound by societal ideals.

Sad to say, but initially looks matter. Not that she has to be conventionally beautiful, but at least attractive to me. But that doesn't last long, that just gets the ball rolling. After that, it's intelligence, a sense of humor, kindness, and all those good human qualities.

Breast size-Charlie MacKenzie

LOL! Gotta love honesty!

@Bonsai that was actually a quote. Large breasts are nice, but I’ve seem beautiful women with small breasts. It’s really the whole package, the personality, the body.....

@Vicki2018 Big, little and in between. I like them all.

Strong hands, a good smile, a kind heart and the ability to make me laugh.

Never figured it out, It's always been random with me. However, heels always seem to catch my attention for some reason, no idea how.

For me it is that sometimes unexplainable chemistry. That thing is there or it isn't. For me that is why dating sites are difficult. It is hard to feel chemistry without face to face interaction.

Self esteem. Informed conversation. Likes dogs. Black leather miniskirt and high heels.

The knowledge that they are attracted to me.

I noticed that what most often attracts me are similarities to myself

Emotional intelligence and cuteness factor.

You know I could say simple and ordinary things like I love tits or a nice ass but I like to think that I am a bit more complicated than most. I love to see a woman geek/nerd out about something she's very passionate about and not be embarrassed. I find that very attractive. I also love/appreciate it when someone goes out of their way to make me happy. Like just trying to cheer me up when I am down. I value honesty in a relationship along with an open mind. I also love it when she smiles and I'm the reason for it. I especially love it when someone steps out of their comfort zone in order to get to know me a little better. I recognize when someone is making an effort, I also try to acknowledge that in kind. Does that make me a bit selfish? I think love is in the little things as well as the big ones. Maybe most of the little things.

A sense of humor is important as well...

For me, it's always been kind of a nebulous mix.

If I look back on all the women I've had good relationships with, I find I get along best with people who are very open about themselves, and freely share of themselves.

And also someone who's a good communicator. Which means they are generally good listeners.

Not that looks don't count, but they're kind of secondary. I'd say a beautiful mind is probably number one.

A total package, intelligence, sense of humour, quirkiness, independence, style and grace, long legs and a beautiful face - plus a spark that can't be quantified but when I see it I recognize it and I don't see it very often. Rare and seldom seen.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:87089
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.