Agnostic.com

23 2

Single, Married, Divorced, Widowed.

I didn’t know how to make this a poll question.
I responded to the recent “happily married” question, which made me curious about how many A/A people have been married once or more than once, divorced once or more than once or widowed once or more than once, and how many are currently single, or have always been single. Didn’t mean this to be so complicated.

Tomas 7 May 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

23 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Single-Married-divorced-single
Like a sandwich!?

I am very confused about how you got from divorced to single... I'm not sure what that means...

@DJVJ311 it means no longer married to an abusive dick, thus single

@ashortbeauty ahhh... I was just wondering if there was a moment when you stopped thinking of yourself as divorced and just single. I think I just had that moment back in December. I feel more like I did before my marriage than his I've felt the last few years.

Bureaucracy likes to make it even more complicated.
My son found out today that our Government departments won't accept that he is single unless he produces divorce papers. The only problem is, he has never been married. So they have agreed to list him as separated. WTF? He blames me because they did the same thing to me 10 years ago. I had been divorced for years then all of a sudden I became separated. They claim I had remarried, I hadn't and will never go down that road again. So finally they allowed me to produce my divorce papers AGAIN from my first and only marriage and classified me as single.
Better than the previous time when I had to prove I had not been dead for 11 years. If I was dead, why did they keep taking my tax? Does that make my ex a widow?
All these dramas because we like to keep a low profile, never get sick, go for many decades without visiting doctors and such.

I just like "they agreed to list him as separated". It reminds me of the movie The Men Who Stare At Goats. That is just crazy, I hope it works out.

@AMGT he is 31 and was frustrated and bemused. This is nothing new for us, we started a new business together about 12 years ago. We had 3 home visits from the tax office before we had even submitted our 1st tax return. The girl apologized and admitted, we had obviously pissed off someone in the bureaucracy. To make it even more confusing, on the morning of the 3rd one we were hosted a small function by the Tax Office for our help with delivering one of their community programs. We still have the engraved coffee mugs presented to us. What a joke.

I was going to ask what Government Department is that stupid and then I thought , wow, all of them

@buzz13 yes, it is all of them. The records are linked.

Married and divorced once. Learned alot.

Divorced, two kids in another state. I get to visit them. Their mother remarried almost as soon as our divorce was final. No drama. Single and happy about it. If someone comes along, cool. If not, I’m just gonna keep doing me.

Deemo Level 4 May 22, 2018

I was married for a few short years in my 20s. It was a mistake from day one. It feels like so long ago and it was so insignificant in my life that I feel like the "always been single" tag fits me better than "divorced."

Same with me. Ours was so short (lived together maybe 7-8 months of the 18 months or so we were married) that I don't think of myself as having ever been married.

I have never actually been officially married but i have lived with partners in monogamous relationships and so to all intents and purposes....

Currently single
and sat at the computer in my underwear -thats probably why 🙂

Maybe you need to put up a questionnaire! I am with my second husband - divorced the first one. I am his third wife, so the triumph of hope over experience!

Single...never married. no kids.. i think now i'd just live with the perfect lady if i ever find her. why get married?

Maybe you need to put up a questionnaire! I am with my second husband - divorced the first one. I am his third wife, so the triumph of hope over experience!

married once and I will never do that to a human being ever again. fewer attachments = less heartache and an easier life.

Hate to make your question more complicated but you left out defacto/cohabited.
As for me currently single, married 20 years then divorced, a it's complicated and a 2 years cohabited.

Kimba Level 7 May 22, 2018

1st marriage, young and pregnant, 2yrs, divorced. 2nd marriage 5 yrs later, 2 yrs, divorced. I was beginning to think there was a pattern forming. 3rd marriage, hit the jackpot! Great marriage for 18-20 years, last 8 steadily worse, separated for 8 yrs now. Not divorced (it's complicated) consider myself single and looking for my next, hopefully last, great love.

Married twice, divorced once and happy.

Separated for 5 plus years from my only attempt at marriage. Only as in past and future.

Hugs

widowed once.

Married once, divorced once. Single 6 months to three years depending on how you want to measure the separation vs the legal.

Been happily married twice, both died of cancer. looking for another if possible. gettin tired of the empty house deal.

I am "single". Of course now that gays can marry, I guess putting quoes around the word "single" is no longer needed.

I have had three live in relationships. However, since I have lost vision and am now legally blind, it seems nobody has wanted to commit... and now I kind of like being single.

To create a poll, click the "Post" tab and choose question. There will be a space for the header question and another field for a more explanatory version of the question, under the second space/field, a bit to the right, there will be a button to "Make a poll" This will create two possible answer spaces, but beneath them will be an option to add more answers. To the left will be a box that if checked, will allow people to choose more than one answer.

I too had to ask how to create a poll also, but I am legally blind and the software I use (Zoomtext) didn't allow me to easily find the button to create a poll.

Married and divorced twice. Second time only at Christmas. It was horrible.

Married and divorced twice. Second time only at Christmas. It was horrible.

I’ve been married and divorced three times. I give up...finally!

Married 11 years, then divorced for 7 years and happily married for 20 years this fall.

Married for 22 years, happily singel for 35 years.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:87339
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.