Agnostic.com

14 9

How do you quickly debunk Bible Claims?

What is your go-to response when someone cites the Bible as evidence for God/Truth?

Doubter5 3 May 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Edward Cullen says...

By reading the sodding bible.

This Works!

Coldo Level 8 May 22, 2018

Firstly... You can't reason with them because their delusion is their source of comfort - their opium.

All you can say is 'I don't believe' and walk away.

I disagree.. I, and most atheists were once believers. Just as I was reasoned out of my beliefs. I have to think that others can be too. We just need to be patient, and kind, when talking to them.

@Doubter5

I've never been a theist, so it's something I can't relate to. But you've made me think now....

I don't even try. It is like having a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

I don't because if they were looking for logic and truth they would have turned away from religion a long time ago. Believers will always believe.

I disagree.. I, and most atheists were once believers. Just as I was reasoned out of my beliefs. I have to think that others can be too. We just need to be patient, and kind, when talking to them.

"I don't discuss fiction as if it was real"
The purported word of a god would be clear and easily understood by all.
Once different interpretations arise, the premise is shattered and with it the possibility of that god.

You can't change their minds. They think your the antichrist.

I had my mind changed. Most atheists were once believers. It is possible. Don't give up on them.

@Doubter5 my brother.... can you say 1 in a 1000. You are the 1. The 1000 are the ugly looks, the crying that your going to hell, the disapproval, loosing family members, getting shunned at work.
People saying they're going to pray for you and all the other crap that comes with this. Are you a missionary for Atheism. Then trudge on my brother. Ive never tried to change a person. I have informed them when they got cridical. Logic works better when others are seeking the truth. I do commend your enthusiasm.... carry on...

THINK

EMC2 Level 8 May 22, 2018

Any claim made without evidence can be discarded without evidence.

Pointing out the unbelievable number of things the bible cites, that have been plagiarized from other ancient texts that came long before it.
Pointing out the contradictions it contains.
Pointing out that men wrote it and god doesn't exist.
Admittedly, I really don't debate with theists as much as I used to. I stay off Facebook, except to engage with family and close friends, who all live elsewhere, and not in any
kind of religious context.
I generally don't go to sites that are populated with believers. Unless I'm feeling particularly feisty and spoiling for a fight. In which case, I will indulge myself.
That happens with much less frequency these days.

I usually use the same book to debunk their ideas. Other times I ask them for any other documentation to corroborate

A simple " fuck off " seems to do the trick ?

Don't tell me, show me.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:87382
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.