Agnostic.com

6 0

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The infraction was a double parked car blocking 2 handicap spots. The offender was told to move it. He resisted. All he had to do was MOVE THE FRICK'EN CAR. No! He's gonna defy the cop. The cop told him to "take his hands out of his pockets". He did not comply. Just do it. Milwaukee has more black folks arrested than any other city of its size. For what ever reason this is so. Do as the cop asks.

I actually agree with you...just do what the cops tell you to do. When I was growing up, if you got stopped, you got out ID and insurance, rolled down your window and they could be rude or whatever but you did what they told you to do. Clearly there's abuse and it's focused on African-Americans. Aside from the abuse, why isn't there more training for youth about how to handle interaction with police?

Maybe I did not badmouth the cops enough for someones satisfaction?
Oh well, that was so blatant I did not think it necessary.
I've seen numerous events that I thought someone may have mor or less earned them some bad treatment though would advocate for firing or jailing the ones who delivered the bad treatment.
Yuh - that cop yelling to get hands out of pocket was right up there with cop that yells "Stop resisting" at someone who is not awake anymore.

Birdingnut - were you addressing me?
If so, you certainly assumed a lot of bullshit to speak at.
Maybe you live in a strange fantasy overalay of the world at large.
Well, stranger than what's more common.

Pack of white supremacists; white evangelical Christians, and white cops, both.

This is tough because it's a sensitive topic and brings up the issue of when/if violence in policing is ever justified?. Sounds like the police over reacted and are now walking it back, which is preferable to ignoring, denying or diminishing their actions. If I'm understanding it right, he's going to recover with no long-term effects? I have no frame of reference to his experience, because I haven't been tased, am not an African-American youth, so forgive me if I'm making assumptions or focusing on something other than the tasing. I'm just relieved it's not another innocent young black man or child, picked out for being black, suffering injuries or death...

What sadly gets lost in this particular instance/in the police inappropriate reaction is that he's learned nothing from/about the law he broke and it's an important one, protecting the rights of the disabled. This piece of the puzzle gets zero attention.

No real sympathy for him, parking as he did.
Cops caused all the problem with their need to assert authority. Abusers of power should not have it.
Someone with large income should pay higher fines - equal justice otta be equal hurt. 😉
Well, parking across two handicap spaces otta get great multiple of what it would be for just one.
I suppose excuse is that there was no cars and plenty parking everywhere. So? That means here was plenty space for him to park proper or even take up a few non handicap spaces.
Usually the wheelchair access is right by the handicap space.

Tasers should only be used in extreme circumstances.

You would like to be tasered and handcuffed for blocking a parking space? You live in a white male bubble of privilege and denial

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:89122
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.