Agnostic.com

7 5

QUESTION Twitter Begins Mass Purging of White Supremacist Accounts

LOL... Where will Trump post his tirades now?

snytiger6 9 Dec 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Banning these assholes is not the answer. Holding them up to public scrutiny and exposing them to the world as the fools they are is the far better option.

We cannot sacrifice our rights to free speech. The immediate payoff does not justify the long term damage.

@MrLizard I'm in total agreement with you. Twitter is not the government, and they should be able to shape their public image if they choose to do so. If the government mandated it, it would be censorship, but Twitter is business, and public image has an impact on how profitable they can be. @webbew1

I see a backlash from these hate groups through starting their own online group specifically for their brand of 'free' speech. When Wikipedia started many evangelicals saw this as another attempt to promote liberal thought and started their own group:

[conservapedia.com]

Is there a whitetrashapedia?

@godef Probably, look for it in the coming weeks.

If they did start their own web service, just for haters, that would be fine with me, as fewer of them would be using other social media if they had their own space to spew their hate.

We don't have freedom of speech here in NZ. If what you say is considered hate speech or bullying it is not tolerated.

when does trump go?

I am not an extremist by any account, nor do I believe, endorse or support any cause that elevates one group at the expense of another. HOWEVER, I believe in free expression and civil rights. Banning anyone or group due their beliefs is starting us down a slippery slope. If someone doesnt like whats written or said or displayed, move on. Banning is UNAMERICAN!! I have served and fought for this country as an 18delta United States Army combat medic, I believe in our CONSTITUTION and I believe everyone has their right to express themselves, HOWEVER ABERRANT.

You are wrong. Your constitutional rights end when they begin to violate someone else's. If "free expression" is used to threaten or intimidate a people, this is a violation of their civil rights. Therefore, it is not free expression, it is hate speech, and hate speech is a form of terrorism.

Agreed, nerdy. Violence as an adjective is subjective. Take your gun nuts who claim they need their guns to save themselves from government intrusion. They certainly have the right to express their opinions, but not the right to stock up for Armageddon.

Jay, I'll pull back on saying your wrong; people do have the right to discuss their opinions in a "constructive" fashion. It's more the rhetoric that I go after, that led to tiki-torch rampages.

Excellent. Now when will they censor tRUMP for racially and sexually discriminitive tweets?

there is a weird bad effect to this: keeping track of these groups was so easy...but I will take the immediate gratification, thank you...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:9044
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.