Agnostic.com

12 3

Why do churches have fire alarms?

You know i was walking by a church and it occurred to me, if people believe god has plan for them. why do churches have fire alarms? shouldn't they think if god want to take them he will?

KevinBrown 4 Oct 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

State law my guess

Because they're still considered public buildings, and have to follow local building codes. I guess towns don't consider the fire proofing effects of "divine intervention".

Too many candles up the possibility of a fire especially in case someone in a hopped up god fervor gets out of control and knocks a bunch of them into the curtains or some such.

SamL Level 7 Oct 21, 2017

Churches probably have fire alarms in case "God" strikes an atheist with lightening.

Because even those who blindly follow their faith have to meet fire marshall standards. Valid question though. Lmao.

I think it is a legal requirement in most jurisdictions.

the plan could be for them to pull the fire alarm

Um, sometimes I visit my semi-religious family. I would defiantly freak out if there was no fire alarm...

In case the devil gets too close... the fire alarm will warn them that's approaching.

It's probably in the fire code that they have to abide by. Also,1) just because you believe doesn't mean you believe 100% of the time, 2)new converts haven't had time to believe that blindly, and 3) better safe than sorry.

most excellent question. it goes along with most everything they do. however, if things don't go their way, it's "god's plan". it's laughable really.

Because they really don't believe in that shit either. It is just a safety net for their fear of death.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:909
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.