Agnostic.com

10 2

QUESTION Proselytizing Public School Official: ‘I’ll Stop When Someone Makes Me Stop’ | American Civil Liberties Union

School officials have implied that students must take the Bible literally and have stated that evolution is a “fairy tale.” The “Daily Objectives,” posted in one teacher’s classroom, tell students to “Pray Daily!,” “Love God!,” “Study His Word,” and “Worship God.” Religious groups and performers, such as the Christian rapper Mynista, have been invited to appear at school assemblies to proselytize students.

zblaze 7 Dec 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

@Annaleda this is the post.

Someone had better stop him.

Lock him up! Keep him away from children, and fire every member of the school staff and administration that go along with this un-Constitutional behavior.
This is the kind of thing that makes me so damned mad. This cannot be permitted to continue, anywhere.

If they would throw these evil religious nuts in jail for a few years, there would be less of it going on. It's really a serious offense to teach lies like this in school.

It's a fight for sure. We got more churches around here. I feel sorry for a kid that says there not sure or they don't believe. Kids are just like a posse without a sheriff. They'll hang the child. Kids are followers and a bully mouthing off will make them follow him or her. Churches are crazy and preachers are bullies. Hell... I was told i was going to burn in a fiery hell. Assholes.

Tells you something about Christian zealots: They think their religion takes precedence over law and morality They are dangerous people!

@MrLizard Therein lies the abject hypocrisy of far too many believers.

I would expect something like that in Louisiana.It's probably happening elsewhere in the deep south.

SamL Level 7 Dec 19, 2017

Kudos to the Coles for suing the school district for taking them back in time violating federal law. Kudos to ACLU for taking the case.

Did you read some of the comments posted on that site? Thank Dawkins for agnostic.com!

godef Level 7 Dec 19, 2017

If the FFRF or American Atheists don't stamp this crap out the ACLU will.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:9188
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.