Agnostic.com

16 0

Who are your favorite atheists to learn from?

Who are your favorite atheist to learn from? Podcast, lectures, Etc. Here are my top 3.

1. Matt Dillahunty - The Atheist Experience
  2. Sam Harris - Neuroscientist
  3. Seth Andrews - The Thinking Atheist
Lucas20520 6 Dec 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Neil deGrasse Tyson is not an atheist. He's an agnostic.

In his own words, view this video of him.

Atheist is a label. It is also a position on belief. It is a lack of belief. NDT lacks belief in god. He is an atheist. The majority of people don't have a good understanding of what an atheist is and for those who don't want to be boxed into a group I understand not wanting to hold a label. But in reality, he is an atheist. I think the majority of people on this site can understand his point of view enough to not pass judgement. I don't see a problem with him not using atheist as a label. But he's an atheist.

Atheism and agnosticism are not mutually exclusive.

@Lucas20520 Did you even watch the video? lol

@bingst Did you? I said I don't see a problem with him not holding the word atheist as a label. He is speaking to a broad audience and making his point about the label he identifies with. Cool. No problem. He's an Agnostic, but he's also an atheist...

Do you understand the differences with agnosticism and atheism and their correlation?

Bertrand Russell (a true humanitarian)
Christopher Hitchens (for his writing)

The early Greek (atheist/sceptic) Philosophers, for being two centuries ahead of their time, and looking at the universe without a God.

• Democritus
  • Xenophanes
  • Anaxagoras

What's there to learn? Isn't enough with knowing god doesn't exist?

How the universe works is an incredibly fascinating subject. Any ideas (or theories) that are put forward should be subject to scrutiny (the scientific process). Learning how it is that that certain things are unlikely to exist or that or just plain wrong is very important. This includes religious ideas. Also A society which is based on learning through sceptical thinking is going to be far better than a society than is largely religious. Learning why god is unlikely to exist is important to move forwards and progress our society

I'd say my favorites are AronRa and Neil Degraded Tyson. But I love Seth and Matt too.

Scott Adams (blog.dilbert.com)
Thomas Westbrook (Holy Koolaid on YouTube)
Jaclyn Glen (YT)
Stefan Molyneux (YT)

Gave me some new people to check out. I like Jaclyn Glen.

harari wrote sapiens . very rewarding

Am I the only one who misses Sagan? XD. Well he wasn't very aggressive on religion perse, but he is my fav skeptic of all time.

If it's was a list of skeptics he'd definitely be in my top 3. Love Carl Sagan! Good pick.

Hitchens was the man. I hate that we lost him so young. I heard Lawrence Krause in person earlier this year, and he is my new favorite. He's smart, honest, well spoken and humble.

Anyone on here that talks to me and explains to me without jumping all over me for my comment. I like respect and I'll show it. We got here... don't push someone away over a differant opinion. I here other people out there in internet land. This forum talk a to me...

Fidel castro is my favor atheist but he was not interesting in making public
he was atheist by heart

1. Fidel Castro was an Atheist.
  2. He was, also, one of the most repulsive human beings on earth.

Bertrand Russell

In addition to being an atheist he was also against cruelty, even in war

Richard Dawkins
Christopher Hitchens
Matt Dillahunty
Sam Harris
Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Tracie Harris
Jen Peeples

Hell Yeah! I love a response that gets straight to the point. Love your list!

" Silvereyes" is right up there. ! 🙂

@silvereyes isn't an atheist. 😀

Richard Dawkins,DeGrasse, Lawrence Krauss,Hawking, Dead- Epicurus, Benjamin Franklin,Charles Darwin

I still love Christopher Hitchens. He is truly missed

Yeah, he is missed.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:9221
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.