Agnostic.com

9 3

Did we get hit?

Since he has been in office (POTUS), when my internet goes off or the radio is disrupted my first thought is: "Have we been hit? Did we take a homeland strike?!" Does anyone else do this?

#war
DeepSigh 5 May 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes. The sirens went off on a lovely April day. First thing I thought of was "Well, this must be it". I turned on the weather channel & it was a test for tornado season. I grew up in the 1950's when we were building atomic bomb shelters.

I don't think that but can see how you would

We are taking lots of hits. Sometimes multiple hits per day. American institutions are presently undergoing a severe stress test. A hostile foreign power has helped to install a wrecking ball at the top of our government. Things are about to get interesting.

plug in and plug out switch off and switch on hopefully you will be powered back

Rosh Level 7 May 28, 2018

Not me, this is Australia, we have the National Broadband Network, nothing but dead slow speed and constant drop outs.

I do wonder when the internet goes out, if there was a cyber attack. I worry less about a physical missile strike since the latest research shows little likelihood of a missile reaching Hawaii, but I was pretty concerned there for 40 minutes on January 13th, as I was preparing for the worst.

Sadly, I wake up each morning and open up google on my cell phone to see if something bad has occurred. Not necessarily because of Trump though. After 9-11 and waking up to the one tower that had been hit, I realize that catastrophic events could occur. And let's not forget massive earthquakes that could hit the United States at any second. Take each day as it comes and be grateful for it.

I don’t - but back in about 2004 there was that huge, multi-state blackout on August 13 and we definitely went to terrirism then. So, it’s not unprecedented.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:92401
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.