Agnostic.com

31 22

As a 6 year old - I was sexually abused by a priest- it took me more than 40 years to say something because I wasn’t going to until I had an audience that would listen to me - that was a royal commission- I went on to sue “god” aka the Catholics- not before I wrapped the church in crime scene tape and put up posters about abuse and the bishop trying to pretend it didn’t happen- it went all the way to Supreme Court where I was given compensation- but here’s the Clanger- they tried to take it off me when I told the media what evil lying low life’s they were - I didn’t have to pay it back but basically the Catholics hate me ..... and that’s just the way I like it - the media do t because my home town newspaper contacts me for my opinion every time the lying bishop gives an opinion- so I can respond with the actual truth - and this is why I’m I. This group- no god would have allowed what happened to me - if he existed- and there’s a certain satisfaction in “ya picked the wrong kid”- I don’t believe religion has any place in society- not be confused with spirituality- do you guys think there is ?

Gina1959 4 May 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

31 comments (26 - 31)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think what you did was courageous. I have no problem with spirituality. Sometimes l wish l had some. I know people who are spiritual, but it has more to do with the natural world around them.

So sorry that happened to you. But very happy you stood up to them.
I think religion has done more evil than good on this earth.

Religion is evil. Period.

@GreenAtheist I think so

No. Religions have no place in society.
My early life was in a nonreligious but brutally abusive situation. As I started school and seeing it wasn't normal, I started telling adults about it. Almost all responded with some religious toned bullshit as if to mitigate events.
I had no religion before, and certainly wasn't buying into to it then, or since.

It's a Crime!! That should be punished with Death!!

Coldo Level 8 May 28, 2018

I agree.

That is so very sad. It angers me when someone who is supposed to be one with their God decides it is acceptable to violate the most vulnerable. ?

Well done!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:93227
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.