Agnostic.com

6 2

QUESTION How Women From The U.S. Could Be At Risk Of Genital Mutilation : NPR

NPR report
Just when you thought things couldn’t get worse for girls/women something comes along and throws you for a loop. I knew about the issue of FGM but not that it went this far. Whereas male circumcisum may seem a bit controversial it does little to harm and can even enhance pleasure. However, FGM goes at the root of male insecurity and need to control.

I got a call the other day from a well-known research group. When they inquired about my ethnicity I said I was ashamed to be among white males (although all ethnic groups are a part of this and it is often women who perform the ‘surgery’.

Female genital mutilation push play button on link for audio.

JackPedigo 9 Dec 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It's a horrible thing done in the name of religion. Make circumcision is the same, but people for years have come up with other excuses, like medical reasons. If this were true, I'm sure evolution would have taken care of it long ago.

I feel the need to add a note just so we are on the same page:

Wikipedia
"...the ritual cutting or removal of some or all of the external female genitalia.." and "The practice is rooted in gender inequality, attempts to control women's sexuality, and ideas about purity, modesty and beauty. It is usually initiated and carried out by women, who see it as a source of honour, and who fear that failing to have their daughters and granddaughters cut will expose the girls to social exclusion."

This is a form of 'foot binding' only worse. It is a way for men to be assured their wives won't "stray" and cheat on them. Again, to me it is barbaric, reeks of male insecurity, low self-esteem and a perverse need to control. There are not enough expletives to cover how I feel about this inanity.

The truly sad thing I feel these people have removed one of the most joyous aspects of sex and that is to give pleasure to another. Without this my impetus for sex would be null! Even the stupid Catholic church changed the idea of sex from procreation to familial bonding.

This world is so F&%$#$ up!

Many think of this as Third world problem. It’s not, in certain cities with high ethnic population this is routinely done to young women usually with exetreme coercion or without their permission. Proponents think if it isn’t done women will be over sexed. It is another method to control women. At its worst it makes the simple act of peeing difficult and forget about sex. Horrible and dangerous.

CS60 Level 7 Dec 20, 2017

I am curious--how would male circumcision enhance pleasure? I have heard it is just the opposite as it removes sensitive nerve endings. This is not to say that it compares to FGM...

Well... I heard what you heard. So asked around to guys that had it done in Their adult years. They said its much better now. There was to much fore skin and they didn't lime it. Circumcision cause a tightness of skin that sometimes needs a lubricant. The uncircumcised fore skin is suppose ack as a lubrication.... i said to much? Were all adults here..lol. sorry if i offended.

@Joanne Us poor guys. We may not have the amount of pleasure we could have had! Please, no one should pity guys for any supposed lack of sexual pleasure. If anything we have too much. Maybe we are the ones who should be desensitized. The world would be a WHOLE lot better off.

Awful-glad this practice has been uncovered-maybe penalties for parents that authorize this horrid discarring.

Maybe here but not in other countries. There was once an announcement that the hospitals in Seattle had decided not to perform this surgery. There was talk of doing so as to reduce the health risks of having it done by non-professionals. It is the reverse of the abortion issue

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:9377
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.