Agnostic.com

10 3

Dating

Would you consider dating someone who was a believer, even if they didn't attend church on a regular basis?

fivezerotwo 3 Dec 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I would try it out as long as the person is progressive and doesn't let their religion think for them. If we find ourselves constantly arguing or running into issues around it, I would get out.

It all depends if they are going to try and convert me. If he is black than his family might be religious and I'm not attending some church anniversary or family church program.

Yes, as long as they do not try to force their beliefs onto me, and they have the ability to think for themselves a little bit and at least question some of the things about religion that makes no sense.

It would depend whether she was young and luscious, with never-ending legs, the figure of a goddess, hair like spun silk, a vibrant and engaging personality - and, of course, be a howling, erotically-depraved nymphomaniac.

If the young lady had other 'plusses' I dare say I could forgive her the 'minus' of a bit of religious belief.

Of course such a girl would have to be TOTALLY insane to choose an ugly old codger like me!

I’ve tried it before. It doesn’t go well. I find that if someone eschews logic in that regard, their thinking may be somewhat faulty in other areas.

No.

I have... that is Not a Deal Breaker to Me... but to Her may be a different Issue. We are Talking "Dating".

If you really like a person you accept and adjust so long as you retain your own sense of self... depends on the person

Yes as long as they aren’t forcing their believes on me. But I’d certainly proceed with caution. Some people are believers, but not religious. Meaning they can’t be bothered to go to church. Others routinely go to church and have need to promote their religion. Those are the ones I run from.

CS60 Level 7 Dec 20, 2017

I tend to agree. It all depends on how dogmatic they are when it comes to religion.

yes. it all depends on interpersonal respect

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:9442
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.