Agnostic.com

41 6

What is the dumbest way you’ve been injured?

AmiSue 8 May 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

41 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Reached for a glass door.
Put my hand through it.
Glass sliced my left inner wrist.
Lost a lot of blood but lived to laugh about it.
Makes interesting conversation too...'so...how'd you get that scar across your wrist ?' they hesitantly ask.

Fell out the back of a swing when I was a kid and gave myself a concussion.

Another time, a kid kicked a ball at recess once and accidentally smacked my head into a wall, giving me a concussion.

One of my main hobbies involves gaming miniatures, which I have to trim and clean with an X-acto knife. I end up absent-mindedly stabbing myself in the finger just about every time.

A few years back I did something to really mess up my neck - wrenched the hell out of it. One day, while nursing it, I got out of bed too quickly and ended up wrenching it even harder. I had a flash of intense pain and blacked out. When I woke up, I found that I'd fallen against the wall and destroyed the cord for a power strip plugged in there. The rest of the cord was unplugged in the process but the "ground" plug was broken off in the wall socket and had given me a four-inch gash across my back

Maybe you should wear a helment. ☺

@Sticks48 Not sure it would help - I can't even get out of bed without hurting myself!

@ghost_warlock LOL

Swimming in a pool doing the backstroke and twanged my head against the side of the pool, 4 stitches and humongous headache all day. I was 14 yrs.old

Being circumsised when I was born ?

This is the winner on an agnostic site

@educatedredneck
Thank you !

I slipped on some water, causing me to dislocate a kneecap twelve years ago.

After thinking it over, the list is to long to get into, and reminded me that l must not be very bright.

me too

Same here

Making my bed and the fitted sheet caught my finger and popped the tendon in my first knuckle didnt really hurt and can't be fixed really kind of a waste of time but it is not straight end bends also when i was a kid used a pencil to open a box missed the tape rammed it in my wrist i can still see the lead mark

We had a several ton steel beam to hold up the basement of a house. I tried to lift it and set it on the beam pocket from above. It tried to pull me into the basement with it when it fell. I hooked my leg on the foundation instinctively and caught a steel anchor bolt with my calf. It kept me from falling by ripping an inch wide gap through my flesh, 5" long. The pain was exquisite for days.

@AmiSue That was about 1993. I still have the scar.

Walking. Getting in a truck. I once split my abdominal muscles open and needed surgery because I laid with my head off the bed and got stuck

See my name here, there's too many for a full review but last year I fell down ONE step and fractured my shoulder blade. The ER doc almost called me a liar but still have me a monster oxy script.

Side note, oxy can be a truth serum, DO NOT call an ex for help if stoned

I shot myself right above my upper lip with an arrow. How does one do that???

@AmiSue It was one of those cheap little bow and arrow sets; a 20 lb bow with the metal caps on the end of the arrows instead of a real arrow head. We lived on a farm and I was out shooting down by the cattle water tank. We used to keep an empty anti-freeze jug at the tank in case the real float would rust out and spring a leak. You could just swap out the plastic jug and use it while you went to town for a new float. Sooooo, I decided to shoot the jug! I really just plinked at it without fully drawing back the bow string. Instead of the arrow penetrating the jug it just bounced off and the nock penetrated my upper lip and into my gum. Pretty stupid, huh. Shot my mouth off. I had to take a quick look around to see if anyone saw it like the little kid in The Christmas Story.

OMG!!!

@AmiSue It did make for an interesting day! Lesson learned ?

Fell out of the back of a station wagon during my senior year in high school and broke my tail bone. Yes, alcohol was involved.

Duke Level 8 May 30, 2018

@AmiSue fortunately, my tail bone still functions just like it did before the injury.

Doing a front handspring on a roller skating rink with my roller skates on....body went forward, feet/skates stayed back, and broke all 5 toes at the same time. Had to be cut out of my skate because I skated for another 2 hours before noticing it hurt like hell and by the time I noticed, my foot/lower leg was swollen to the point that it couldn't be taken off.

That's horrible.

@Ellatynemouth Also, the only bones I have ever broken in my body during my life. lol. I was 15.

We could be rich if all this was on youtube!

It’s a tie between two instances. A few weeks ago I gave myself a black eye practicing tornado spins with nunchucks when I heard a loud rustle of leaves, turned my head and smacked myself right across the ocular cavity. It was a squirrel.

Maybe 7 or 8 years ago when I was drinking too much a friend and I got in an argument over which drug inhibits fear more: alcohol or molly? He argued Molly and I argued alcohol. This evolved into a bet over which of us had the balls to jump in the river down at a local park in the middle of the night. Neither of us were on molly, both of us were drunk so I’m not sure what this was supposed to prove. I “won” because the path down to the river was covered in sharp rocks and he couldn’t make it down them barefoot while I shimmied down with no problem. On my way back up though my toes slipped under my feet and when I got back home and took my wet sock off I realized I had donated my pinky toenail to the river. It was completely torn off n I didn’t even notice lol.

Hmmm, which would choose? 😉

1. backing into a potato chip packing machine & getting a gash bruise on your ass? and having to have a supervisor fill out the injury form on that?
  2. Tripping on acid in a bra & panties in slick new boots, doing a kick boxing move thus going airborne & breaking your wrist with your hip upon landing?

@AmiSue Yes there's an entire story behind that one. LOL Good call. #1 was very embarrassing. #2 I was too busy seeing blue flecks to realize how bad it was until the next day.

I cracked my tailbone playing Frisbee golf when I was in college.

Dislocated a finger joint trying to remove really tight stockings.

That's quite a picture that just flashed in my mind.
😉

@bigpawbullets LOL! ?

If it's an image of a clumsy lady fighting with legwear only to hear a very dismaying crunching noise and stare stupidly at a sideways finger, then you're spot on. ?

Burned my nose on a hot iron...
No, wait, peed on an electric fence !

Captain Morgan pushed me down some stairs, sprained my wrist.

I hate that guy!

Hopped off the back of a pickup. That was 31 days in the hospital, a bankruptcy, and a lifetime of pain.

I did that, but I only got a sprained ankle. Unfortunately stupidity must run in my family because my oldest son did it and broke his ankle.

Driving drunk but debunked the hollywood theory that a gas tanker full of fuel will esplode at impact with another vehicle. The scar along my left arm is "exhibit A" of German Ingeniuty. But it was not a "dumbest way" because I remember saying in the club, "let me get out of here before I am drunk".

I wouldn't talk about drinking and driving, it's a sore spot for some and also illegal. Driving drunk is worse than carrying a gun while drunk and I am pro gun control.

@buzz13 You want me to lie or to tell the truth? I choose to tell the truth. Question was "dumbest way". Honesty is a Virtue I don't hide. You go ahead and work in your "controls", great job you are accomplishing by the gun deaths.... great job!

@GipsyOfNewSpain Don't say anything , you are not under any obligation to answer the question. I despise people who drink and then drive. It is a total lack of concern for others. You have the attitude of a typical out of control lowlife drunk.

While building a deck on a steep slope in my back yard. I was tired. That's my excuse. 😉
I was putting the deck boards down over about a 6 foot drop to the ground. I fastened a board to the frame, then cut the extended section off even with the edge of the deck. Unfortunately, I was standing on the extended side of the wood. I suppose it looked very much like a Wiley Coyote moment. Sprained an ankle upon landing.

Had to use the restroom badly so I ran from the parking lot and decided to take a shortcut by jumping over some bushes. Forgot the floor was much lower on the other side... sprained my ankle. Had to hop around the next day with my ankle was bandaged. I had a music final that day too, not my best performance, found out pain killers made me drowsy which affected my performance.

It's a tie between almost being sterilized while on a date going horseback riding in high school (the horse decided to go to a trot and I didn't pinch my knees together) and being 8 years old watching Pac man cartoons in my Pac man PJs that were on backwards and rocking back on a wasp and getting stung (Forrest Gump voice) directly in the buttocks. Ain't life grand?

I was taking a drink of coffee as I read that.. started laughing and spit it all over! LOL
Now, I have some clean up to do!
But a good laugh is well worth it, hope you have a great weekend. ???

@Shielacan haha - I mean, neither event is what I would refer to as edifying... but I can't think which was truly worse.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:94519
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.