Agnostic.com

6 3

“Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends out a tiny ripple of hope, and crossing each other from a million different centers of energy and daring, those ripples build a current that sweep down the mightiest of walls of oppression and resistance.”
-Robert Kennedy

This is one of my favorite quotes. I read it every time I need a reminder of how important my voice can be to educate others. Many of us here are trying to find understanding through community, but I also believe it's important to share experiences and stories that educate each other on the enormity of the oppression that religion evokes.

What message would you share with others on this forum that you believe will benefit their anti-religion experience?

ksmartines 6 Dec 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

From what historical records I have read about the Kennedy brothers they didn't follow their words. A lot of scary things happened under John Kennedy (he would have a lot of explaining to do today for his womanizing) and a lot of things about both brothers were covered up (few know of the real details behind the Cuban Missile Crisis).

The point being is that we need to look beyond lofty words. It is too easy to be lulled into complacency and get blindsided by real events. The tRump crowd use lots of hype to appeal to their followers and, unfortunately, it works. We need to all question (hence this site) all the time. What's the saying? if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

I don't have any quotes to quote (although I'm pretty sure somebody important said something like this before I did) but the message I'd like to share is that it's better to be oriented toward something than away from something.

skado Level 9 Dec 21, 2017

Our problem is that we do it to each other and to ourselves. The solution is Stone Soup.

Things are more like they are now than they ever were before. Eisenhower

I'm afraid you're going to hear that, if you can't prove this scientifically, it doesn't happen.

I hadnt come across this qoute... good one. Maybe not related directky but one that keeps me mindfull of consequences is

Every form of refuge has its price.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:9479
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.