Agnostic.com

4 3

LINK Driver Shouts 'Go Back To Your Country B***h' At Asian-American Family | HuffPost

I can't wrap my head around this concept of MY COUNTRY that seems to be the go to comment...

Rideauxb 7 May 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

People think of the Bay Area as a bastion of liberal, inclusive ideals. That isn't always the case. San Leandro, in the East Bay, is one of the most racist towns you'll ever have the displeasure of visiting.

I once heard some dude drop an N bomb at a record store to his friend across the room. I remember thinking to myself, just had to say that out loud in front of the whole fucking store, eh?

Because we are a country founded on imigrants?...

Unless they have recently immigrated here it makes no sense.
I am a mutt, but have some native. So would I go back to my "countries" (If so which one), or stay here because of my small percentage?

Or do I spend the certain percentage of what I am in each country my ancestors came from, in which case I'm waY overdue to leave the U.S....

How does one define 'your country'? I'm an immigrant or occupier (I'm English) to some here in Scotland. In the UK, and more so since Brexit this phrase is heard more and more.
For the USA, of course, white & black folks are not native to the land, only people from the 100 nations are. So when does a country and culture come into being? The UK and USA are not static cultures, we have absorbed many others since we came to be, and thus our cultures, rules, norms and values constantly evolve.

I appreciate your point, but there are more like 573 nations in the US.

Emboldened by Trump, and following his lead..

@Rideauxb Hate crimes rose the day after Trump was elected, FBI data show [wapo.st]

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:95158
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.