Agnostic.com

8 3

Can you ***prove*** the god of Abraham doesn't exist?

Yes you can, because all of the evidence is present in the text.

What is your favorite evidence?

If god is perfect anger, jealousy and memory loss wouldn't afflict him, yet it does.

Exodus 10-23

10 And the Lord said to Moses, “Go to the people and consecrate them today and tomorrow. Have them wash their clothes 11 and be ready by the third day, because on that day the Lord will come down on Mount Sinai in the sight of all the people. 12 Put limits for the people around the mountain and tell them, 

‘Be careful that you do not approach the mountain or touch the foot of it. Whoever touches the mountain is to be put to death. 13 They are to be stoned or shot with arrows; not a hand is to be laid on them. No person or animal shall be permitted to live.’ Only when the ram’s horn sounds a long blast may they approach the mountain.”

14 After Moses had gone down the mountain to the people, he consecrated them, and they washed their clothes. 15 Then he said to the people, “Prepare yourselves for the third day. Abstain from sexual relations.”

16 On the morning of the third day there was thunder and lightning, with a thick cloud over the mountain, and a very loud trumpet blast. Everyone in the camp trembled. 17 Then Moses led the people out of the camp to meet with God, and they stood at the foot of the mountain. 18 Mount Sinai was covered with smoke, because the Lord descended on it in fire. The smoke billowed up from it like smoke from a furnace, and the whole mountain[b] trembled violently. 19 As the sound of the trumpet grew louder and louder, Moses spoke and the voice of God answered him.[c]

20 The Lord descended to the top of Mount Sinai and called Moses to the top of the mountain. So Moses went up 21 and the Lord said to him, “Go down and warn the people so they do not force their way through to see the Lord and many of them perish. 22 Even the priests, who approach the Lord, must consecrate themselves, or the Lord will break out against them.”

23 Moses said to the Lord, “The people cannot come up Mount Sinai, because you yourself warned us, ‘Put limits around the mountain and set it apart as holy.’”

NotConvinced 7 May 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Why would we take anything that is written as proof when there is no evidence? Alice in Wonderland is a fine book, lots written in it, but if you cannot prove the Mad Hatter exists I’m not going to assume the book alone is evidence.

First, you have to prove to me, outside Bible quotations and references, that Abraham existed and I might be willing to give it a go.

You never have to prove a God exists. The burden of proof always lies with the claimant. You will find that they usually use circular logic i.e. The bible God exists because the bible says it exists.

For me the proof is irrefutable WASPS. Only a mean minded genocidal maniac like God would create such a horrid creature. They ruin you picnics make you do the wasp dance, even more humiliating than doing the Saturday Night Fever dance and if they don't get their way with your ice cream they bloody well sting you. Yep proof indeed that that nasty bastard we God exists. LOL

I've got something special in my hand but you can't see it, even if I open my hand in front of your nose but trust me it's there. Can you think of a way to prove it's not there ? Because I am telling you in no uncertain terms that it is definitely there, there's even a book written about.

The Abrahamic god could exist as much as what may or may not be in my hand could exist. Pick your faerie tale and stick with it, none of them are substantiated by hard evidence, in fact all that backs up any of these divine claims is a pile of socially approved bullshit.

I don't know how you "prove" the nonexistence of a nonexistent being. That's like trying to prove that Santa doesn't exist, or tyring to prove that the Easterbunny doesn't exist. I'm not sure how you would go about proving the nonexistence of a nonexistent creature.

@NotConvinced But you went on to use completely unscientific documents... which looked more like an effort to "prove" the existence of God. In science, they take a "null" position until any kind of evidence is brought to light. So even talking about him using scriptural references can neither prove, nor disprove. There's no science here.

First why does he destroy churches , how can an all loving god create horrible people if he is perfect?

@Bobby9 Good one

All Fiction.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:95451
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.