Agnostic.com

5 5

LINK Spain’s New Prime Minister, Pedro Sánchez, is an Atheist – Friendly Atheist

Sánchez said in a (roughly translated) 2014 interview:

I am an atheist and I believe that religion should not be in the classrooms, it has to be in the churches, in the classrooms you have to form citizenship, not people with religious beliefs, that corresponds to the private sphere.

His godless oath today also reflected that mentality:

I promise by my conscience and honor to faithfully fulfill the obligations of the office of President of the Government with loyalty to the King, and to keep and enforce the Constitution as the fundamental norm of the State, Sánchez said.

Lukian 8 June 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Spain is still a heavily catholic country, so the church must be piiiiissed in spades.

No to god but yes to the monarch who is the monarch by divine grace. A bit of a contradiction!

Monarchs are mostly nothing more than figureheads anymore, so I think he's safe on that count.

@EricJones overpaid and useless

Interesting contradiction

Finally, some good political news!

Honestly, I had never asked anyone if they are an atheist. I am not looking for company or heroes, that includes politicians from anywhere.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:97476
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.