Agnostic.com

4 2

LINK Men with longer legs more attractive to women, say researchers | The Independent

I knew that some women find tall guys attractive, but I have never heard a woman looking for a guy with "long legs." Is this a new trend?! ?

Aralt 7 June 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

They didn't factor for overall height. Taller but with shorter legs is a favorable build for many sports notably tennis whose players are frequently considered attractive. Judging by popular consensus not any objective evidence my thought is this effect would be swamped by overall height. Women often state a preference for tall.

Must be why the ladies were all over Fred Astaire.

I read this too! It could possibly be a subconscious preference, but I don't doubt that there's such a thing as a "Leg Woman"... Whilst simultaneously doubting the existence of a "Moob Woman"

I like teddy bears tbh and moobs tend to come with that package.

It's instinctive.
Researchers did a similar experiment by having various men wear a clean cotton T-shirt for day, then sealing them in a bags. Various women then sniffed the T-shirts and rated the odor as attractive or not and the women invariably chose men with immune systems that complimented theirs and would make stronger offspring.

Like the article said, the slightly longer legs were indicative of stronger genetics and immune systems, and the women were instinctively choosing men of that category, as they do with choosing men with odors that convey similar information about their immune systems and fitness.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:98348
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.