Agnostic.com

31 9

In your opinion, what is the most fascinating thing happening in the world of science right now?

Is it A.I.?
Consciousness?
String theory?
Dark matter?
Human cloning?

What's going on in the world of science that most intrigues you?

silvereyes 8 Dec 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

31 comments (26 - 31)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Neurobiology fascinates me

They are tracking of trying to anyway waves of energy that travels faster than light speed.

Have you any further information on this? It seems highly improbable to me.

[tt-forums.net] Not the exact answer I wanted to give you the web is polluted with so much nonsense it is difficult to locate specific information. (We know one for certain that is faster than light and that happens to be thought.)

@azzow2 Thought is not at all faster than light, and indeed there is empirical evdidence that it’s not. The reason light travels at the speed it does has nothing to do with light itself. That speed is simply the fastest anything can travel under the constraints of the laws of physics. Any partical without mass will travel at this speed (and necessarily at this speed unless otherwise constrained) while any particle with mass can never attain this speed.

A discovery of a potential treatment of Huntington's disease!!!

@ScienceBiker yes that is the one I was talking about. Hopefully it works in larger population!

at the minute I'm really interested in the synthetic meat that both Bill Gates and Elon Musk are funding research into, as a meat lover and someone who actually cares about the welfare of animals I would love for the product to become affordable and sustainable.

I remain extremely impressed with the LIGO detection of gravitational waves last year. This year they have observed gravitational waves from colliding neutron stars. One of the most exciting things about this is that we (humans) were also able to observe this event in the Electromagnetic Spectrum.

If LIGO is able to observe primordial gravitational waves (the gravitational analogy to the CMB (Cosmic Microwave Background that would be extremely interesting.)

All of this worries me deeply. None of it is good news for people, these are just more tools in the hands of corporate rulers of this world to exploit us.

Nothing wrong with living in a cave. Our ancestors did it for millions of fucking years. It’s only been the last hundred and fifty years that things have been going downhill, mostly thanks to ‘technology’.

@Annaleda Nothing wrong with living in a cave unless you take issue with having an average lifespan of 30-34 years. We did that for millions of years too.

Why live for a hundred years?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:9883
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.