Agnostic.com

31 9

In your opinion, what is the most fascinating thing happening in the world of science right now?

Is it A.I.?
Consciousness?
String theory?
Dark matter?
Human cloning?

What's going on in the world of science that most intrigues you?

silvereyes 8 Dec 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

31 comments (26 - 31)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I don't follow science much, discovering new species, rediscovering species thought extinct, the idea that the speed of light is actually not a constant based on mitigating factors, the breakthroughs with the large Hadron collider, experiments in teleporting photons, and super high speed cameras that can actually show the progress of a beam of light through a bottle of water.

The expansion of the neocortex using nanotechnology.

Source:

The full deciphering of DNA and its mechanisms. This has incredibly huge and wide implications for human life, all life on earth, and potentially terraforming and life being implanted on other planets.

Plenty of examples of technologies put on the market without their environmental impact being assessed first. Economics before sustainability? Shameful.

Nano crystals and I don't know enough about them to invest properly in any way. It is totally possible that batteries and power supplies as we know them are very soon going to be a thing of the past. They thought Tesla was crazy but once everything went digital I suppose they gave his ideas a closer look.

In the realm of the fantastic, AI (AGI), theoretical propulsion systems (EM drive, Alcubierre warp drive, etc...).
In closer proximity to the here and now, I’m really interested in the emerging study of the microbiome (microbiome... ology? I don’t know, but remember where you saw it first). I believe that we will be blown away when the field comes into maturity and I anticipate that we’ll find that the microbiome effects our physiology and psychology in profound and earth-shattering ways.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:9883
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.