Agnostic.com

31 24

Neanderthal dna

Has anyone else done a genetic test and come up with a result like this?

Donotbelieve 9 June 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

31 comments (26 - 31)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have very few. Go figure. I know I'm somewhere on the lower end

I'm sure there are lots of women that would like some Neanderthal genealogy in them
No more asking for help carrying the groceries..

I'm higher than 82%, with 298 Neanderthal variants. Your 99% is very cool.

I have 274 variants

I tested on both Ancestry and 23 because I am looking for relatives and wanted to cast a wide net. Guess I will pony up the money for my half brother to test so I can narrow down which side is which

Now off to read the comments LOL

Everyone knows about Neanderthalis (first) and Sapiens (last) migrations, but what about the great migration of humans between them, the Denisovans?

@Donotbelieve [bing.com]

Ever tried doing some of the maths? The basic part is that if you go back on generation you are related to 2 people. Go back another and it's 4. then 8, then 16 etc. However, you weren't the only child. Most families until very recently had at least 4 children, so we need to use 4, 16, 64, 256, 1024. get idea. Each generation gives rise to a new one every 25 to 30 years. That is to say AT LEAST 3 generations per century.
It doesn't take many centuries to reach the entire population of a country at that time, and from there to reach the entire population of a continent. Therefore , almost every one of us is related to Alexander the Great, etc, to some degree.
So that bit of paper saying you are related to this or that is actually no big deal.

I remember reading somewhere (unfortunately, I don't think I saved the source, so I can't verify), at certain places/times in history, each illegitimate child was considered the scion of the current ruler. If true, then, many of us are descended from royalty not genetically, but legally. Fun stuff, genealogy, yes?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:99745
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.