Agnostic.com

13 29

LINK These Clever Illustrations Of The 'Same' Words Should Help You Differentiate

I particularly like the illustration of affect and effect. Unintentionally profound ?

OpposingOpposum 9 June 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The part of grammar that really gets my goat, is the usage of bring and take. It seems that everyone on TV are using bring exclusively and have forgotten take completely.

My favorite meme on the subject.

Excellent

If someone gets upset with improper grammar, I just pat them on the head and say, "There, their, they're. It'll be okay."

Lettuce continue!

@njoy_life_2 Are you saying that we should turn over a new leaf?

Likewise the use of capitals, as in that well know distinction between "helping you uncle Jack off a horse" and "helping you uncle jack off a horse."

I nearly choked at this one. I was eating watermelon at the time of reading it😕

@patchoullijulie Now that's a different kind of seed.

Can see the one for sex now.

What? Ok that's strange. I got an entirely different list than the one I first saw?!!

But what if someone were to effect an affect, affecting people's perceptions far differently than the desired effect?

I tried to write an effective response but I think my brains been affected.

Brilliant.

piece of ☮️

Those are grate ...Great

When will Americans spell colour correctly ?

When the Brits start using Rs correctly

How about write, right, wright, and rite?

Wright -- isn't it just a name? Or is there another meaning I don't know about?

@BlueWave
"Wright" is a slightly outdated (in some areas) term, indicating a skilled crafts'man', ie wheelwright, maker of wooden spoked wheels.

@njoy_life_2 Ahhhhhhhhh......yes. Thank you.

Very useful tool to be sure...

I'm trying to improve my written English, so I appreciate anything like this, thank you.

My main stumbling blocks are grammar and sentence construction.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:99889
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.