Agnostic.com
3 11

LINK Cat infected with COVID-19 from owner in Belgium | Live Science

Getting more complicated by the day! 😱

Jetty 7 Mar 29
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Oh swell, people are already dumping their pets. This kind of article is just going to make it worse. People are only going to read the headline and panic.

Booklover Level 7 Mar 30, 2020

@Jetty no they don't.

It is still in the "might be", farther testing is required per the article.

glennlab Level 10 Mar 29, 2020

@Jetty They edited from the bottom as is customary in print media, the last paragraph states:
"To prove definitively that the cat was infected with SARS-CoV-2, scientists will need a blood test to look for antibodies specific to this virus, Van Gucht said. Those tests will happen once the cat is no longer under quarantine."

I understand dogs can get this, too. So does this mean we can pass this back and forth? An extra way to spread it around?

So far the only fully confirmed cases have been human to domestic animal, not the other way around.

The same article said that there were two dogs that tested positive for this in Hong Kong.

@glennlab Well...it did initiate from bats...

@EyesThatSmile Most inter species infecton vectors are one way. The mutations necessary to make the jump normally close the door to jump back. The virus uses RNA from its host to replicate which makes it more species specific the longer it stays in that species.

@glennlab Thanks. Very interesting. (Yes, I am somewhat medically challenged.)

@EyesThatSmile We all are.

Recent Visitors 33

Photos 9,035 More

Posted by RobertNappi2Saturday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Friday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Thursday morning cuteness

Posted by Lilac-JadeCanadaFriendly question.....

Posted by RobertNappi2Tuesday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Monday morning cuteness...

Posted by RobertNappi2Sunday morning cuteness...Mini me

Posted by KilltheskyfairyCats, my rotting support animals!

Posted by RobertNappi2Saturday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Friday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Wednesday morning cuteness...Team work

Posted by KilltheskyfairyPoster kitty!

Posted by RobertNappi2Tuesday cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Monday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Sunday morning cuteness

Posted by Lilac-JadeCanadaReal men.....

• Top tags#cats #video #god #friends #world #dogs #religion #religious #hope #Friday #animals #reason #Atheist #kids #book #money #humans #sleep #hell #church #sex #loves #relationship #mother #parents #DonaldTrump #evidence #community #atheism #children #youtube #society #Bible #memes #truth #movies #fear #belief #pets #wife #coffee #Jesus #death #laws #faith #beliefs #Song #rescue #books #earth ...

Members 1,539Top