Agnostic.com
3 5

Harbingers of death?

Cats predict death?

[hellocare.com.au]

FrayedBear 9 Nov 7
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

There was an episode of "House" about a cat who supposedly predicted death. House concluded that people had low grade infections which made their body warmer before they died.

snytiger6 Level 9 Nov 7, 2021

That's what @Diaco has just posited.

Well, it's a well-known behavior, Cats love Warm places, ppl have a fever when caught a disease and barely move on the bed, these kinds of factors make their side a perfect place for cats!
the same reason explains why cats love laptops!

Diaco Level 7 Nov 7, 2021

Many dying people have reduced temperatures.

@FrayedBear , True, the reduced temperature at the Death Time is due to the blood pressure dropping. but for a sick person usually, the temperature goes high during the sickness, and cats like it, this's why in some Nursing Homes you can find such a rumor. well, usually, ppl die after days of fighting with diseases.

I have no idea if cats can really do this, but I would not doubt it. Cats have the ability to sense stress and pain in individuals. Every time my wife says she is in pain she is surrounded by four cats, always the same cats, who sleep near her but not touching her. Many times one tries to sleep on her head. He usually ends up on the pillow near Kate's head. Cats give her lost of interesting times as she finds them funny to watch. They know all about their surroundings. In case you cannot tell I like cats also. I get two to sleep by me if I am doing something special for them.

Recent Visitors 20

Photos 9,033 More

Posted by Lilac-JadeCanadaFriendly question.....

Posted by RobertNappi2Tuesday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Monday morning cuteness...

Posted by RobertNappi2Sunday morning cuteness...Mini me

Posted by KilltheskyfairyCats, my rotting support animals!

Posted by RobertNappi2Saturday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Friday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Wednesday morning cuteness...Team work

Posted by KilltheskyfairyPoster kitty!

Posted by RobertNappi2Tuesday cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Monday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Sunday morning cuteness

Posted by Lilac-JadeCanadaReal men.....

Posted by BettyThis made me laugh. 🤣

Posted by RobertNappi2Thursday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Wednesday cuteness

• Top tags#cats #video #god #friends #world #dogs #religion #religious #hope #Friday #animals #reason #Atheist #kids #book #money #humans #sleep #hell #church #sex #loves #relationship #mother #parents #DonaldTrump #evidence #community #atheism #children #youtube #society #Bible #memes #truth #movies #fear #belief #pets #wife #coffee #Jesus #death #laws #faith #beliefs #Song #rescue #books #earth ...

Members 1,536Top