Agnostic.com
10 11

I have been thinking of getting a pussy cat, however where I live one is not allowed to let it out. I would need to get an enclosure so it can go out into the garden. Have to think about this a bit more.

Jolanta 9 Dec 28
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My cats have never gone outside and they're fine 🤷♀️

Kynlei Level 8 Dec 30, 2021

Cat rescues have cats that are used to staying inside all the time.

snytiger6 Level 9 Dec 29, 2021

This one is at the sit. Its about about ten feet long, 7 feet high. The cats get in & out through the wall cat flap. Its made out of 100mm square reo covered with chicken wire & shade cloth to keep the snakes out.

FrayedBear Level 9 Dec 29, 2021

I trained my cats to accept a leash. Then i adapted with an enclosure with a leash. . Evolves with each cat with different personalities. I used a harness, not a collar only. Cats should not be free roaming. But outside with appropriate adaptations....yes....like a zoo., it is possible. Start small. Rome was not built in a day.

Mooolah Level 8 Dec 28, 2021

As someone who just acquired a cat that was hit by a car, I have a firm opinion that cats do not belong outside. Personally, if I had my own home or even a deck or patio I would build a catio enclosure for my babies. You could probably build or have someone build something for a reasonable cost and I've seen a number of outdoor enclosures for cats that are commercially available. If I find a link, I'll post it here for you. That being said, indoor cats are perfectly happy provided they have enough stimulation- toys, hiding places and perches, and, if possible, a kitty companion.

SkagwayKim Level 7 Dec 28, 2021

My cats are indoor only. Too much danger outdoors. [vetmed.ucdavis.edu]

Not sure an enclosure will work unless it has a roof or some type of cover, like a cage.

Mark013 Level 7 Dec 28, 2021

I second the first comment. Cats can live excellent lives without going outside. No diseases, no fight injuries, no getting stranded in trees. They also tend to live longer.

MizJ Level 8 Dec 28, 2021

Catios rock.

Druvius Level 8 Dec 28, 2021

My girls are totally indoor kitties, & we own our own home. I had too many kitties killed outside that I just stopped letting any out. My current girls have never been outside other than in the carrier to bring them home from the shelter, or to see the vet.

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 28

Photos 9,041 More

Posted by RobertNappi2Saturday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Friday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Thursday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Wednesday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Tuesday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Monday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Thursday morning cuteness

Posted by Lilac-JadeCanadaFriendly question.....

Posted by RobertNappi2Tuesday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Monday morning cuteness...

Posted by RobertNappi2Sunday morning cuteness...Mini me

Posted by KilltheskyfairyCats, my rotting support animals!

• Top tags#cats #video #god #friends #world #dogs #religion #religious #hope #Friday #animals #reason #Atheist #kids #book #money #humans #sleep #hell #church #sex #loves #relationship #mother #parents #DonaldTrump #evidence #community #youtube #atheism #children #society #Bible #memes #truth #movies #fear #belief #pets #wife #coffee #Jesus #death #laws #faith #beliefs #Song #rescue #books #earth ...

Members 1,539Top