Agnostic.com
2 9

LINK Maine's First Cat Cafe Set to Open in Westbrook

People absolutely love their furry friends. Proof is in one of the fastest growing trends in the United States, cat cafes. If you're not familiar, the premise is rather simple. It's a cafe that generally serves coffee or snacks and you pay a premium to enjoy those refreshments alongside some adoptable felines.

According to the Cat Life, Maine is one of a handful of states that does not have a cat cafe. But that's about to change. An entrepreneur behind a popular pet sitting business in Maine is ready to shift gears and bring Vacationland its first cafe that truly purrs in Westbrook.

It'll be called the MEow Lounge. The plan is to set up the future space like other cat cafes you may have seen in different cities and states. The owner plans to team up with organizations like the Animal Refuge League and the American Humane Society to populate the cat cafe with adoptable cats looking for their forever homes.

For the MEow Lounge, their website suggests that they will forgo the food service and instead provide a therapeutic space for those that just want to spend quality time with adorable cats.

There will be board and card games or separate study areas where you can kick back, relax and study hard with a cat on your lap. There will also be yoga classes with cats as well as trivia nights with cats for those that want to mix things up.

The MEow Lounge will be located across from Riverbank Park on Main Street in Westbrook in the same area that houses popular restaurants like Veranda Thai and Casa Novello. The MEow Lounge hopes to open in July.

snytiger6 9 May 24
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Maine is a fer piece for me to travel, but I wish them well.

I recently went to one of these for the first time ever, in West Des Moines, Iowa. It was the most positive emotional experiences I've had in years. I hope this continues to catch on around the country.

Recent Visitors 15

Photos 9,036 More

Posted by RobertNappi2Saturday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Friday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Thursday morning cuteness

Posted by Lilac-JadeCanadaFriendly question.....

Posted by RobertNappi2Tuesday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Monday morning cuteness...

Posted by RobertNappi2Sunday morning cuteness...Mini me

Posted by KilltheskyfairyCats, my rotting support animals!

Posted by RobertNappi2Saturday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Friday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Wednesday morning cuteness...Team work

Posted by KilltheskyfairyPoster kitty!

Posted by RobertNappi2Tuesday cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Monday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Sunday morning cuteness

Posted by Lilac-JadeCanadaReal men.....

• Top tags#cats #video #god #friends #world #dogs #religion #religious #hope #Friday #animals #reason #Atheist #kids #book #money #humans #sleep #hell #church #sex #loves #relationship #mother #parents #DonaldTrump #evidence #community #atheism #children #youtube #society #Bible #memes #truth #movies #fear #belief #pets #wife #coffee #Jesus #death #laws #faith #beliefs #Song #rescue #books #earth ...

Members 1,539Top