Agnostic.com
0 0

LINK Chicago Marathon runner rescues stray kitten during race -- Axios

A runner from Boston was on her way to a new personal record time at the Chicago Marathon when she stopped to rescue a stray kitten.

Driving the news: Last Sunday, Sarah Bohan spotted the white kitten as she was slowing down to rest her legs around the 20-mile mark, by the underpass at Cermak and Halsted.

She carried it with her while walking along the route until she found spectators who agreed to care for it.

Why it matters: PAWS Chicago found the family who took in Casper the kitten and are working to find the animal a permanent home.

What they're saying: "I immediately identified it as a cat because I had rescued two kittens that were really malnourished and were from high kill shelters," Bohan tells Axios. "I know what a cat looks like when they're really sick."

The intrigue: Bohan was running to raise money for PAWS, and the shelter has received more donations since she shared her story.

That's not all. Later in the race, as Bohan and fellow marathoner Gia Nigro were nearing the finish line, they spotted a fallen runner and stopped, threw the runner's arms over their shoulders and walked her across the finish line.

Bohan finished the Chicago Marathon in 3:31:35.
snytiger6 9 Oct 13
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

Recent Visitors 2

Photos 9,043 More

Posted by RobertNappi2Monday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Sunday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Saturday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Friday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Thursday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Wednesday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Tuesday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Monday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Friday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Thursday morning cuteness

Posted by Lilac-JadeCanadaFriendly question.....

Posted by RobertNappi2Tuesday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Monday morning cuteness...

Posted by RobertNappi2Sunday morning cuteness...Mini me

• Top tags#cats #video #god #friends #world #dogs #religion #religious #hope #Friday #animals #reason #Atheist #kids #book #money #humans #sleep #hell #church #sex #loves #relationship #mother #parents #DonaldTrump #evidence #community #youtube #atheism #children #society #Bible #memes #truth #movies #fear #belief #pets #wife #coffee #Jesus #death #laws #faith #beliefs #Song #rescue #books #earth ...

Members 1,539Top