Agnostic.com
4 16

Snow in the forecast for this weekend, making it difficult to harden off the plants in the cold frames and the seedlings growing in the solarium. We will perservere because we are Canadian gardeners. 🙂

Surfpirate 9 May 6
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Bah, humbug, maybe it will come down mushy, but not do any harm, the ground is warm now.

Got into the nineties here , the other day .

Cast1es Level 9 May 6, 2020

So hard to fathom that there is still cold and snow in some areas of the world. I wish you warmth and sunshine.🌞

Family and friends that live further north, I'm 1 mile from the US border on an island so I get the tempering effects of living in the middle of a giant river, they won't even think about planting anything until at least June.

@Surfpirate I had no idea that spring took so long to come that far north. I hope you get some good warm weather soon!😉

@Redheadedgammy the days are short in winter but very long in the summer the further north that you go. One of the things I found strange when I lived in Ecuador was that the length of the days never changed because I lived at the equator 12 hrs of light and 12 hrs of dark, every day.

What? Snow? I don't have network TV, so I usually get my weather from going outside! Thanks for the warning. I'll hold off on setting out plants for another week. We are not far away from our respective locations. I am on the southern shore of Lake Ontario, so the weather usually comes across from your part of the region. In the past, I have been known to cover my plants with old window curtains (very decorative) but now I just shrug my shoulders and hope the tough ones will survive!

Arctic Vortex forecast for this weekend, I am at the Eastern end of Lake Ontario where it turns into the St. Lawrence River.

@Surfpirate Near the Eisenhower locks? My favorite place to visit. I love standing at the railing and wave at the big ships go through. Thanks for the warning.

@Spinliesel Halfway across the river from Clayton, NY where the Wooden Boat Museum is, I used to own a mahogany CC Constellation.

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 25

Photos 5,329 More

Posted by FernappleThe little woodland garden, is a symphony of blue, purple and white now. Hyacinth, Honesty, and Ornithogalum.

Posted by KateOahuThis morning I went to a class for making a terrarium with native plants at the Waikiki Community Center, which is about three blocks from where I live.

Posted by FrostyJimToo cold to plant outside for another month here in Wasilla Alaska.

Posted by FrostyJimToo cold to plant outside for another month here in Wasilla Alaska.

Posted by JolantaUnusual fungi.

Posted by FernappleI am trying to grow some extra salad crops this year in the new greenhouse.

Posted by JolantaBugg life.

Posted by glennlab My first flowers of this spring. Lotus and blue bells

Posted by glennlab My first flowers of this spring. Lotus and blue bells

Posted by FrostyJimSeedlings ..

Posted by FernappleIts Hellebore season now.

Posted by FrostyJim...don't be silly!

Posted by KateOahuI saw some pretty flowers on a walk today. I’d never seen a white Hibiscus before. And I do not know what the pink flowers are.

Posted by KateOahuI saw some pretty flowers on a walk today. I’d never seen a white Hibiscus before. And I do not know what the pink flowers are.

• Top tags#flowers #video #gardening #hope #god #religion #rain #friends #religious #world #reason #weed #weather #cats #kids #book #money #community #church #birds #dogs #Atheist #hell #mother #wife #children #death #Bible #Australia #florida #animals #Texas #Christian #hello #relationship #climate #Organic #agnostic #evidence #advice #parents #humans #coffee #species #belief #sex #atheism #truth #Jesus #apple ...

Members 1,513Top