Agnostic.com
6 5

Just got word of a new Netflix show called β€œThe big Flower Fight.” [netflix.com] looks really interesting.

JackPedigo 9 May 16
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Very interesting show and some of the creations are amazing. The characters in the show are also as flowery as their creations. Some of the couples almost are a distraction from their work. And one in particular change their costume every show.

JackPedigo Level 9 June 13, 2020

Saw it, scripted commentary is pretty lame, but the Creations, O.M.G!!!!! Watch it!

AnneWimsey Level 9 June 12, 2020

Watched them making fiant (8 foot or bigger) , bugs from flowers and metal bars .

Cast1es Level 9 June 12, 2020

Sounds fun!

Wow! So Gay! Floral equivalent to RuPaul's Drag Race. Perfect! I will be sure to check it out. πŸ˜‹

Wow plus Netflix is offering a 30 day free trial? Pretty good deal. πŸ˜‰

(We have Netflix but my computer doesn't know that yet).

RavenCT Level 9 May 16, 2020

Try Roku

@bobwjr Oh we have Roku. It's built right into this TV. I highly recommend it to others.

I was spending a ridiculous amount of money per month for cable and now I get way more content (that I want) and simply pay for Netflix. (I also have a Prime account that I share with my sister).

We even have YouTube on the TV now, which is wonderful, and the new laptop can be hooked up to view though the TV so anything online can be viewed that way.

Oh yeah, Roku's the bomb! I had an Amazon firestick the first couple of years that I streamed tv, but out of curiosity got a roku. Waaay more content, much of it free. Roku doesn't produce any of its own programming content. The reason that is good is that it has no competitive reason to restrict content of any competitors, unlike the likes of sony, hulu, amazon, chrome, netflix, apple, disney, etc. etc.
Of course, I have had netflix and amazon for years, and for only $6/month hulu on-demand, which adds tons of programming. With the three of those, I have more shows and movies than I will ever get to. Oh, plus Youtube has tons of international gardening content. After youtube, Amazon appears to have the most gardening content. And roku opens free access to pbs, rheuters news, and abc and nbc content.

Cbs is another story, in a kingdom of its own, but hulu grabs some of it.
I swore off cable in 2015 and haven't once regretted leaving those robber barons. Vultures!

@MikeInBatonRouge Yup! Though we lost Reuters a couple months back. That was disappointing I haven't found a source for international news that I like as much since then.

We have Hulu too. (A friend's code). πŸ˜‰

I've been very satisfied with the amount of content we have. It's also been so much better than network tv.

@RavenCT oh, I was behind on the Reuters news. Honestly, we have so many streaming options. That, I think, is the key to affordability. Cable companies thought they had a desperate, captive market, and they exploited that for a long time.
Hulu Live TV is the best streaming service for value for what you get, but they sre not the cheapest. I am proudly cheap, so I have slingTV live tv with dvr function, and the $6 Hulu on-demand, which nicely fills in most tv programming missed by sling.

We shouldn't forget the podcasts and website content either. Public television, for example, and public radio, both have web sites with tons of archived content we can access. I send a nominal monthly contribution, but it is free to everyone.

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 33

Photos 5,327 More

Posted by FrostyJimToo cold to plant outside for another month here in Wasilla Alaska.

Posted by FrostyJimToo cold to plant outside for another month here in Wasilla Alaska.

Posted by JolantaUnusual fungi.

Posted by FernappleI am trying to grow some extra salad crops this year in the new greenhouse.

Posted by JolantaBugg life.

Posted by glennlab My first flowers of this spring. Lotus and blue bells

Posted by glennlab My first flowers of this spring. Lotus and blue bells

Posted by FrostyJimSeedlings ..

Posted by FernappleIts Hellebore season now.

Posted by FrostyJim...don't be silly!

Posted by KateOahuI saw some pretty flowers on a walk today. I’d never seen a white Hibiscus before. And I do not know what the pink flowers are.

Posted by KateOahuI saw some pretty flowers on a walk today. I’d never seen a white Hibiscus before. And I do not know what the pink flowers are.

Posted by FrostyJimI usually drink coffee while planting seeds?

• Top tags#flowers #video #gardening #hope #god #religion #rain #friends #religious #world #reason #weed #weather #cats #kids #book #money #community #church #birds #dogs #Atheist #hell #mother #wife #children #death #Bible #Australia #florida #animals #Texas #Christian #hello #relationship #climate #Organic #agnostic #evidence #advice #parents #humans #coffee #species #belief #sex #atheism #truth #Jesus #apple ...

Members 1,508Top