So many parasitic relationships - how about Zombie mushrooms that turn ants into zombies?
Anything "zombie" is always interesting. Might have to try some of those in some spaghetti sauce for my neighbors.
@bigpawbullets the mushrooms have medicinal qualities and they are quite expensive.
Wow, I've never seen anything like that!
very common here.... but then I live down stream of a nuclear research lab.
Yep. Nature is not designed to have a heart. It is evolved. Any moral code has to be created and imposed, and that will never apply to all of nature.
For the record, I am all in favor of living by a sensible (aka humanist) moral code aimed at making the most of this life that nature has handed us.
The insect parasites are common. Sort of a real life alien for insects. There are parasite species that can also effect humans on for evidence of that just look to the WH.
Stop that!
This is the gardening section.
You said it, not me (this time)
@bigpawbullets Aren't humans in the garden too? One small farm we volunteer for actually planed certain plants to attract certain insects to go after the parasitic insects.