Agnostic.com
7 10

This showed up today from Amazon. Linda and Andrea (neighbor's) wife ordered after Andrea watched Kurt (neighbor) & I let a tree trunk get away from us while I was freehanding cutting planks from it.... "Some assembly required".we'll try it out this week!!!
😆😎🍷🍷

bigpawbullets 9 Oct 4
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

These were originally called the Alaskan saw mill and are popular here. They will burn through chains very fast so be prepared to sharpen often and they will burn out a wimpy engine so bigger is better.

FrostyJim Level 8 Oct 11, 2020

A little bit of a 'trick" I learned for those of us who grow Coleus plants/bushes.
At the end of Summer-early Autumn, trim the plant/s back to approx. half their size and diameter, leaving just a few small shoots and a few leaves, then cover the plant/s with either a clear plastic shroud open at the top OR , if they're in pots put a large clear plastic, at least 2 litres in capacity, with the base cut off over them, embed the shroud or bottle into the surrounding soil and water sparingly over the colder months.
Watch them as they re-generate and when Spring is in full swing again remove the covers.
Instead of them just dying off, you will have fresher, more bushier Coleus plants again.

Triphid Level 9 Oct 7, 2020

I'd love to have one of those, we get a tree out here we call either 'Black Oak' or 'Blood-wood Oak', the timber from it is the colour of blood when it cut from from still growing tree and when from an already dead tree it is very much like the colour of dried blood.
I reckon furniture, shelving, etc, made from that timber and either just oiled or clear varnished would like really great.

Triphid Level 9 Oct 7, 2020

My ex has a huge one of these for slabbing redwood

Hathacat Level 9 Oct 4, 2020

Fine if you want to produce rough lumber or dice and slice cadavers to envelope fore posting.
What do you intend using it for and why couldn't you borrow your neighbours?

Well, nobody in my tribe has one. I like to salvage the wood from trees downed by wind or simply cut down by the neighbors and myself when we are cleaning up our yards.

@bigpawbullets I misread your post.

@FrayedBear
Have another drink.... 😆🍷

@bigpawbullets too early in the morning for me! The Dental appointment resulted in a neat filling, a smoothing of a chipped incisor, thedentistremoving her mask to prove that she looks 50 not 40 & a promise to try and expedite new plates or at least fill the hole resulting from the extraction 2 weeks ago. 😄
And an added bonus my favourite charity shop has reopened but requires signing in. Only angst that I mmhave is that you are not required to put the time of your visit. Therefore if you visit at 9am. & sign in but then someone infected visits at 5pm. then everyone on the sheet is required to test and be quarantined until proven not infected. One Prime Minister once called this "the Clever Country" - I think that he used an "o" , an "r" & a "y" too many!

Whoa, that looks like some serious equipment!

That looks way cool, and I'd stay as far away from it as possible. You go have fun.

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 21

Photos 5,322 More

Posted by glennlab My first flowers of this spring. Lotus and blue bells

Posted by glennlab My first flowers of this spring. Lotus and blue bells

Posted by FrostyJimSeedlings ..

Posted by FernappleIts Hellebore season now.

Posted by FrostyJim...don't be silly!

Posted by KateOahuI saw some pretty flowers on a walk today. I’d never seen a white Hibiscus before. And I do not know what the pink flowers are.

Posted by KateOahuI saw some pretty flowers on a walk today. I’d never seen a white Hibiscus before. And I do not know what the pink flowers are.

Posted by FrostyJimI usually drink coffee while planting seeds?

Posted by KilltheskyfairyI love all the information on the internet that makes me a better gardener…

Posted by Jaylo64Primative hydroponic system /an old shoe rack and coffee cans ! Cans above drip into the cans below !

Posted by 1patriotOne of the main reasons for last year’s ‘spike’, which the media and government agencies have avoided mentioning, is the Hunga Tonga volcano eruption two years ago.

Posted by FrostyJim...sometimes you just can't help it?

Posted by FrostyJimI got my first seed order in the mail yesterday! WOO-HOO!

• Top tags#flowers #video #gardening #hope #god #religion #rain #friends #religious #world #reason #weed #weather #kids #book #cats #money #community #church #birds #dogs #Atheist #hell #mother #wife #children #death #Bible #Australia #florida #animals #Texas #Christian #hello #relationship #climate #Organic #agnostic #evidence #advice #parents #humans #coffee #species #belief #sex #atheism #truth #Jesus #apple ...

Members 1,505Top