Agnostic.com
6 14

I was going to post this in the orchids group but I guess it is missing in action. Anyway, i found a old tree limb last year and bought 3 small orchids for it. Here are 2 of them (the 3rd one is at the other end of the log) - as you can see, they seem happy & their roots are starting to wrap around the log! I thought it was cool.

Heidi68 8 Oct 5
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Starting to look good ☺

I think it is so cool how their roots go everywhere

Nice

bobwjr Level 10 Oct 6, 2020

Thank you

That is wonderful, I love it!

I wasn't sure it would work but am so happy I tried it. I wish I could find some more logs to try it with some of my larger ones.

@Heidi68 I have seen wild orchids growing on trees in the tropics, and it's a beautiful thing.

@tinkercreek that is the look I would like to achieve - natural, beautiful.

Looks great!

Thank you

I can't wait for them to bloom again

@Heidi68 I’m anxiously waiting for my two phalenopsis orchids to bloom again so I know how you feel!

They seem very happy. Do you just soak the log?

Zoohome Level 8 Oct 5, 2020

Once a week I set it in the sink and wet it down as well as the plants themselves

So you have to add some kind of fertilizer and I assume water it ?

Cast1es Level 9 Oct 5, 2020

I fertilize all of my orchids once a month and water everyone once a week. I have 10.

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 24

Photos 5,327 More

Posted by FrostyJimToo cold to plant outside for another month here in Wasilla Alaska.

Posted by FrostyJimToo cold to plant outside for another month here in Wasilla Alaska.

Posted by JolantaUnusual fungi.

Posted by FernappleI am trying to grow some extra salad crops this year in the new greenhouse.

Posted by JolantaBugg life.

Posted by glennlab My first flowers of this spring. Lotus and blue bells

Posted by glennlab My first flowers of this spring. Lotus and blue bells

Posted by FrostyJimSeedlings ..

Posted by FernappleIts Hellebore season now.

Posted by FrostyJim...don't be silly!

Posted by KateOahuI saw some pretty flowers on a walk today. I’d never seen a white Hibiscus before. And I do not know what the pink flowers are.

Posted by KateOahuI saw some pretty flowers on a walk today. I’d never seen a white Hibiscus before. And I do not know what the pink flowers are.

Posted by FrostyJimI usually drink coffee while planting seeds?

• Top tags#flowers #video #gardening #hope #god #religion #rain #friends #religious #world #reason #weed #weather #cats #kids #book #money #community #church #birds #dogs #Atheist #hell #mother #wife #children #death #Bible #Australia #florida #animals #Texas #Christian #hello #relationship #climate #Organic #agnostic #evidence #advice #parents #humans #coffee #species #belief #sex #atheism #truth #Jesus #apple ...

Members 1,508Top