Agnostic.com
4 6

Something to do now, at least in moderate climates, and the Northern hemisphere, but which brings you a promise of summer.

[gardenersworld.com]

Fernapple 9 Feb 2
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Aw, Monty just retired, did he not? End of an era.
🙁
Meanwhile, in the U.S. Gulf South, we are in our coldest part of the year, but still, I cut these from my yard this past Sunday, because I had to finish pruning the roses for the year. So they are my official last cut roses of "2020."
Damn, you have to view it on your head. ...but that is a five inch Belinda's Dream, ...and sidekick.

This year I am planting Thornless Blackberry bushes (small ones!!) In 2 tractor tires filled with dirt, ringed with strawberries until they get much bigger. Deciding on what color(s) to paint the tractor tires...have a cellar full of assorted partial cans of paint, so maybe something "custom", or striped, lol! Got about 2 months to go......

Ooh, nice! I am trying my hand and blackberries, too. Two varities, both thornless. One is supposed to stay bushy and upright. So that one I am planting relatively close to other plantings. The other is a semi-erect sprawling monster, so I have marked out a space separated from most of my front yard by my driveway.
I already have a lot of native wild dewberries in my meadow-like back yard, and raspberries and boysenberries I started last year appear to be establishing well, so I suspect the blackberries will do fine. These are supposed to be quite disease resistant. I bet you'll want to expand your plot before long.

@MikeInBatonRouge i was Amazed to find out how huge some varieties get! it is just me,with only the freezer than comes with the fridge here. I think 2 plants that somewhat produce twice will be plenty! One reason i gave up even a small garden,now i enjoy shopping the various Farmer's Markets we have around here...2 tomatoes,not 20, lol!

@AnneWimsey that is great. I would love to see more organized systems to encourage gardeners to donate excess produce to food kitchens for homeless and other food insecure populations. Apparently thr US wastes approximately 40% of all produce. (At least, if I am remembering correctly. It could be more)

My not so gteen thumb gets itchy about now , when the stores are putting out seeds and bulbs . Unfortunately , the ambitious green thumb now , sort of fades as the weather gets warmer , and things don't always make it into the garden .

Cast1es Level 9 Feb 2, 2021

Yes, reading about planting bulbs does bring the promise of summer, but the ground's frozen solid under a foot of fresh snow this morning here in Western Massachusetts. For further summer daydreams, I have to resort to tracking the shipment of seeds that I ordered.

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 23

Photos 5,329 More

Posted by FernappleThe little woodland garden, is a symphony of blue, purple and white now. Hyacinth, Honesty, and Ornithogalum.

Posted by KateOahuThis morning I went to a class for making a terrarium with native plants at the Waikiki Community Center, which is about three blocks from where I live.

Posted by FrostyJimToo cold to plant outside for another month here in Wasilla Alaska.

Posted by FrostyJimToo cold to plant outside for another month here in Wasilla Alaska.

Posted by JolantaUnusual fungi.

Posted by FernappleI am trying to grow some extra salad crops this year in the new greenhouse.

Posted by JolantaBugg life.

Posted by glennlab My first flowers of this spring. Lotus and blue bells

Posted by glennlab My first flowers of this spring. Lotus and blue bells

Posted by FrostyJimSeedlings ..

Posted by FernappleIts Hellebore season now.

Posted by FrostyJim...don't be silly!

Posted by KateOahuI saw some pretty flowers on a walk today. I’d never seen a white Hibiscus before. And I do not know what the pink flowers are.

Posted by KateOahuI saw some pretty flowers on a walk today. I’d never seen a white Hibiscus before. And I do not know what the pink flowers are.

• Top tags#flowers #video #gardening #hope #god #religion #rain #friends #religious #world #reason #weed #weather #cats #kids #book #money #community #church #birds #dogs #Atheist #hell #mother #wife #children #death #Bible #Australia #florida #animals #Texas #Christian #hello #relationship #climate #Organic #agnostic #evidence #advice #parents #humans #coffee #species #belief #sex #atheism #truth #Jesus #apple ...

Members 1,511Top