Agnostic.com
3 10

Finally, after many years, my front yard Yucca is blooming. The deer like the blooms in the side yard (it is unfenced) for desert but the front one is fenced and I tend to it regularly. I's gotten to about 7' tall.

JackPedigo 9 July 13
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I had yucca gro9wing in my front yard in Ft. Huachuca AZ. They make stunning displays!

Spinliesel Level 9 July 13, 2021

We had a small one in the Seattle home. I got tired of having it poke me so we put it outside and it did well. They do surprisingly well here.

yucca flowers may be eaten raw because they have a mild sweet taste

OldGoat43 Level 9 July 13, 2021

I never knew that.

@OldGoat43 @Glennlab I've had mine for 25 years and I didn't know that, either. Mine have stopped blooming until autumn. I'll have to give it a try.

@Lauren Wow, I even found multiple recipes, I've had the root before (pretty bland)
[honest-food.net]

@glennlab I'll be darned! They look pretty interesting, and who doesn't like deep fried treats?

Interesting, the deer do like them but I never thought humans could eat them as well. After all the deer also eat rhubarb leaves.

Keep feeding and watering it . They survive the drought years , by not reproducing .

Cast1es Level 9 July 13, 2021

Thank you. I don't really feed it but do remove all the lower dead leaves. There is a bird feeder (suet only) nearby and I imagine the birds fertilize it. I also water it occasionally. My big problem is knowing whether it likes acid water or hard. The well has hard water with iron and some plants do well. Some, like a Camellia and a Rhoddy only want acid water - which I collect and use for certain plants.

Recent Visitors 18

Photos 5,329 More

Posted by FernappleThe little woodland garden, is a symphony of blue, purple and white now. Hyacinth, Honesty, and Ornithogalum.

Posted by KateOahuThis morning I went to a class for making a terrarium with native plants at the Waikiki Community Center, which is about three blocks from where I live.

Posted by FrostyJimToo cold to plant outside for another month here in Wasilla Alaska.

Posted by FrostyJimToo cold to plant outside for another month here in Wasilla Alaska.

Posted by JolantaUnusual fungi.

Posted by FernappleI am trying to grow some extra salad crops this year in the new greenhouse.

Posted by JolantaBugg life.

Posted by glennlab My first flowers of this spring. Lotus and blue bells

Posted by glennlab My first flowers of this spring. Lotus and blue bells

Posted by FrostyJimSeedlings ..

Posted by FernappleIts Hellebore season now.

Posted by FrostyJim...don't be silly!

Posted by KateOahuI saw some pretty flowers on a walk today. I’d never seen a white Hibiscus before. And I do not know what the pink flowers are.

Posted by KateOahuI saw some pretty flowers on a walk today. I’d never seen a white Hibiscus before. And I do not know what the pink flowers are.

• Top tags#flowers #video #gardening #hope #god #religion #rain #friends #religious #world #reason #weed #weather #cats #kids #book #money #community #church #birds #dogs #Atheist #hell #mother #wife #children #death #Bible #Australia #florida #animals #Texas #Christian #hello #relationship #climate #Organic #agnostic #evidence #advice #parents #humans #coffee #species #belief #sex #atheism #truth #Jesus #apple ...

Members 1,512Top