Agnostic.com
7 13

It's been a tough winter but it's that time of year again where Canadian Gardeners start putting little seeds into containers inside in the hope that one day, far far away, it will be warm enough to transplant them into their gardens. Canadians are optimistic and gardeners particularly so.
It rained last night, everything is coated in ice but we will be back down in the -20C to -30C temps tomorrow with another foot of snow on the way and falling as we speak.

SnowyOwl 8 Feb 3
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I worked an outdoor Wisconsin job for 25 years. What I love about winter is the quiet. Quiet is an endangered experience in our world, where loud reaches into everything. I experienced -67F & 30 days of >100F. 750 people died in Chicago from the heat. But these were extremes. I sincerely hope they remain anomalies. What I admire about the Canadians & us tough northerners, is the lack of whining & moaning about the challenge of our season changes. The farther south one travels, the louder the cries of complaint. I suppose one must accept that fortitude comes with exposure.

Mooolah Level 8 Feb 4, 2022

Thats cold. Only in small doses please.

Fernapple Level 9 Feb 4, 2022

on vancouver isle we have some flowers poking through the soil. snow drops & crocuses & soon tulips.
which is why ppl keep moving here & house prices have gone exponential.
got 9 holes of golf in today in 9C temps & dry.

We considered moving back to Vancouver Island, my wife and I met in Comox when we were both living there back in the 1990's but family obligations had us relocating to Howe Island in Ontario instead. I do miss the daffodils punching out through the snow in February, maybe in April here.

@SnowyOwl, maybe an Air Force connection.. it's surprising how much more snow than Victoria Comox gets.

@callmedubious I was a custom home builder in Comox, mostly at Crown Isle Golf Club Community.

But, the snow will cushion your fall when you slip on the underlying ice! Such a whiner!

Yes but the wind blows the snow off the ice, so that you can land hard after all, and the snow piles up where you don't want it, so that you have to walk on the ice. And I love to whine.

I did that during the ice storm just after Xmas, still spending time at physio, pain clinic and chiropractor but I can almost walk without a limp most days, should be good by the spring.

We seldom get freezes and they're normally only a day or less when we get them , but last year we had an eleven day freeze and the power grid couldn't handle even the first day . And we're due for one tonight . Hope things work better this year .

Cast1es Level 9 Feb 3, 2022

We've got another few weeks before it is seeds in the pots time here. But I admire your optimism.

glennlab Level 10 Feb 3, 2022

I "know" summer is on the way, but sometimes it seems too far away. I'm over winter already. I can't imagine being further north, thanks for the happy perspective.

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 29

Photos 5,327 More

Posted by FrostyJimToo cold to plant outside for another month here in Wasilla Alaska.

Posted by FrostyJimToo cold to plant outside for another month here in Wasilla Alaska.

Posted by JolantaUnusual fungi.

Posted by FernappleI am trying to grow some extra salad crops this year in the new greenhouse.

Posted by JolantaBugg life.

Posted by glennlab My first flowers of this spring. Lotus and blue bells

Posted by glennlab My first flowers of this spring. Lotus and blue bells

Posted by FrostyJimSeedlings ..

Posted by FernappleIts Hellebore season now.

Posted by FrostyJim...don't be silly!

Posted by KateOahuI saw some pretty flowers on a walk today. I’d never seen a white Hibiscus before. And I do not know what the pink flowers are.

Posted by KateOahuI saw some pretty flowers on a walk today. I’d never seen a white Hibiscus before. And I do not know what the pink flowers are.

Posted by FrostyJimI usually drink coffee while planting seeds?

• Top tags#flowers #video #gardening #hope #god #religion #rain #friends #religious #world #reason #weed #weather #cats #kids #book #money #community #church #birds #dogs #Atheist #hell #mother #wife #children #death #Bible #Australia #florida #animals #Texas #Christian #hello #relationship #climate #Organic #agnostic #evidence #advice #parents #humans #coffee #species #belief #sex #atheism #truth #Jesus #apple ...

Members 1,508Top