Agnostic.com
4 12

Excellent spring gardening weather today! Considering I have significantly neglected things here for the past month, the plants seem fairly content. ❣️
The Stokes asters are starting to bloom.
The coral honeysuckle never fully stopped but is accelerating now, and I have spotted hummingbirds nearly every day I have taken some time to quietly watch from a distance. I just never have the camera ready when it counts.
The roses, too, are starting to take off.
This site likes to throw my pics clockwise 90%, so a head tilt may be necessary. Sorry.

MikeInBatonRouge 8 Apr 9
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My last pea harvest of the spring. Green beans and peanuts are going in here for the summer.

You're a couple of weeks ahead of us in Dallas, but I'm getting significant new growth on most things. My blue bells are blooming and they are normally the first things to bloom each year.

glennlab Level 10 Apr 9, 2022

Hey Glenn, those passion vine cuttings you sent me last year have done really well and are battling for supremacy of my chopped crape myrtle tree that I decided to use as climber scaffolding. The Passion vines are holding their own, though I won't see much of blooms for a while. Meanwhile, Peggy Martin is gearing up with masses of flower buds.

@MikeInBatonRouge You should start seeing gulf frittillary butterflies and larvae soon. The caterpillars are bright orange with what look like black spikes. They won't hurt the passion vine, and actually help it grow by forcing it to produce more poison against other insects. The new vines may pop up as much as 30 feet from the main plant. Just mow them. You will probably get fruit this year.

@glennlab oh yeah, I had seen "tons" of gulf fritillaries flocking to the zinnias in my yard the past two years. That was part of the reason I wanted passion vines in the first place.

Main rose bed

Winter leaf lettuce hanging in there(the bright green in the background), though looking like it wants to bolt.

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 22

Photos 5,327 More

Posted by FrostyJimToo cold to plant outside for another month here in Wasilla Alaska.

Posted by FrostyJimToo cold to plant outside for another month here in Wasilla Alaska.

Posted by JolantaUnusual fungi.

Posted by FernappleI am trying to grow some extra salad crops this year in the new greenhouse.

Posted by JolantaBugg life.

Posted by glennlab My first flowers of this spring. Lotus and blue bells

Posted by glennlab My first flowers of this spring. Lotus and blue bells

Posted by FrostyJimSeedlings ..

Posted by FernappleIts Hellebore season now.

Posted by FrostyJim...don't be silly!

Posted by KateOahuI saw some pretty flowers on a walk today. I’d never seen a white Hibiscus before. And I do not know what the pink flowers are.

Posted by KateOahuI saw some pretty flowers on a walk today. I’d never seen a white Hibiscus before. And I do not know what the pink flowers are.

Posted by FrostyJimI usually drink coffee while planting seeds?

• Top tags#flowers #video #gardening #hope #god #religion #rain #friends #religious #world #reason #weed #weather #cats #kids #book #money #community #church #birds #dogs #Atheist #hell #mother #wife #children #death #Bible #Australia #florida #animals #Texas #Christian #hello #relationship #climate #Organic #agnostic #evidence #advice #parents #humans #coffee #species #belief #sex #atheism #truth #Jesus #apple ...

Members 1,508Top