Agnostic.com
4 6

I had just recently learned that oleander is a good way to get gophers to exit the yard/garden. I now am trying to root white oleander branches, I put rooting hormone on several of the cuttings and planted the cutting in different types of medium. I had also put one of the cuttings in water. What have you tried to use to get rid of gophers?

azzow2 9 July 13
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

When I was a boy, my father would bait it out with peanut butter on a cracker, then climb up on my swing set and wait with his 22 rifle.

OldGoat43 Level 9 July 14, 2022

They are barely cold hardy here in Dallas, I think your NM winter may do them in. The whites are the most cold hardy, so that is a plus for you. As @MizJ state they are toxic, so any waste should never be burned or composted.

glennlab Level 10 July 14, 2022

My killer cat. kimbo kill two gophers in one day.

Lorajay Level 9 July 13, 2022

All parts of the oleander plant are toxic. Use care when handling and keep pets away. They are beautiful and fairly carefree when established. I never tried taking cuttings from them.

MizJ Level 8 July 13, 2022

I had run across the toxic properties of these when I was researching. I did learn that yellow oleander is the most toxic of all. I could not figure out why the white are more expensive.

@azzow2 Not sure I have ever seen a yellow one, I have a reddish pink one that is almost 10' tall that's fine with being ignored.

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 22

Photos 5,325 More

Posted by JolantaUnusual fungi.

Posted by FernappleI am trying to grow some extra salad crops this year in the new greenhouse.

Posted by JolantaBugg life.

Posted by glennlab My first flowers of this spring. Lotus and blue bells

Posted by glennlab My first flowers of this spring. Lotus and blue bells

Posted by FrostyJimSeedlings ..

Posted by FernappleIts Hellebore season now.

Posted by FrostyJim...don't be silly!

Posted by KateOahuI saw some pretty flowers on a walk today. I’d never seen a white Hibiscus before. And I do not know what the pink flowers are.

Posted by KateOahuI saw some pretty flowers on a walk today. I’d never seen a white Hibiscus before. And I do not know what the pink flowers are.

Posted by FrostyJimI usually drink coffee while planting seeds?

Posted by KilltheskyfairyI love all the information on the internet that makes me a better gardener…

Posted by Jaylo64Primative hydroponic system /an old shoe rack and coffee cans ! Cans above drip into the cans below !

• Top tags#flowers #video #gardening #hope #god #religion #rain #friends #religious #world #reason #weed #weather #cats #kids #book #money #community #church #birds #dogs #Atheist #hell #mother #wife #children #death #Bible #Australia #florida #animals #Texas #Christian #hello #relationship #climate #Organic #agnostic #evidence #advice #parents #humans #coffee #species #belief #sex #atheism #truth #Jesus #apple ...

Members 1,507Top