Agnostic.com
13 12

Guys, sorry to be a bummer, but I may be off for a spell, again. My Mom, who I cared for (& I don't mean I loved her, which I do, I meant I cooked her meals, put out her clothes, etc, etc), passed just a few hours ago. I'm likely finding new accommodations soon, & trying to come to terms with this. I may still be back & forth, if able, as this is an outlet for me, but I really don't know. I'm still processing this. Please think kindly on my Mom, she was a sweetheart, you guys would have loved her.

phxbillcee 10 May 17
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Iā€™m sorry for your grief. I hope this transition goes well.

BudFrank Level 8 May 18, 2021

Iā€™m so sorry šŸ˜„

Sorry to hear about your loss I know how it is losing someone you love. Hopefully it wasn't a painful death for her even though it is hard on you no matter what.

Take your time we will be here

bobwjr Level 10 May 17, 2021

I'm so sorry for your loss, Bill.
We'll be here if/when you need us.
Take care. šŸ’›

scurry Level 9 May 17, 2021

I'm sorry for your lose. Hang in there.

freedom41 Level 9 May 17, 2021

I'm so sorry Bill, I hope everything works out. Again I'm sorry for your loss. šŸ¤—

so sorry to hear. Lost my mum just before COVID hit and while I was glad we didnt have to deal with that I miss her each and every day

I took care of my grandmother, my brother, my mother and my father. Their deaths were sad and painful for me, but time has healed those wounds, and I am now a happy person. šŸ™‚

Sad for you...keep your focus on the joys you had with your mom. We'll be looking forward to your return.

Robecology Level 9 May 17, 2021

Really sorry to hear that. I wish I could have spent more time with my mother in her latter years.

Moravian Level 8 May 17, 2021

Because this is the Group it is... oh, damn, it hurts

phxbillcee Level 10 May 17, 2021

There's my Mom. This sister only a year younger than me, just has a stroke around St Paddy's (the photo was from the year before) & has just been diagnosed with lung cancer (a mass in one lung, smaller mass in the other) & she had a radical mastectomy, with removal of the lymph nodes in her mid 30's. Ain't we got fun!

@phxbillcee I copied the "grieve" meme...it's a good one. So your sis is suffering things as well...sorry....but as you have figured out....we all go through these things...good post on the way to grieve...I'll be sharing that one.

I'm sorry for your loss.

BD66 Level 8 May 17, 2021

Thank you. I'm really hurting right now. She was 92, but this was still so sudden. I lost my Dad 20 yrs ago, & I still miss him, tho we argued more than not, but bonded over music. I'm rambling...sorry.

@phxbillcee My mother has a lot of longevity on her side. Her mother lived to 91. Her father lived to 91. Her aunt (who lived with them) lived to 91. It sounds like she led a full life.

@BD66 She did. She, in her old-fashioned but stubborn way, taught me feminism (plus 3 sisters!). She instilled in me a love of words, Shakespeare & reading. She was a tiny thing but was tiger in defense of her children. She had a silly sense of humor. Oh, dang I miss her

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 36

Photos 77,298 More

Posted by Ryo1

Posted by KilltheskyfairyThose are my pronouns too!

Posted by KilltheskyfairyEaster hack??

Posted by KilltheskyfairyStill Women’s History Month…

Posted by noworry28There's nothing Holy about any of the Torah, New Testament, or Quran.

Posted by KilltheskyfairyHappy Atheist Day to my fellow Atheists!

Posted by KilltheskyfairyYou can’t win!

Posted by noworry28This is so funny šŸ˜

• Top tags#god #religion #religious #world #video #memes #friends #hope #Atheist #kids #reason #church #DonaldTrump #hell #cats #money #dogs #sex #Jesus #atheism #relationship #children #Bible #book #truth #Christian #beliefs #death #movies #parents #belief #evidence #animals #community #laws #agnostic #mother #wife #fear #humans #society #earth #faith #believer #religions #guns #Song #books #Christians #humor ...

Members 2,975Top

Moderators