Agnostic.com
3 7

It seems as though it was a hollow threat

glennlab 10 Oct 11
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Excellent point . There is a one word solution for all of this …… UNIONIZE !

GEGR Level 7 Oct 12, 2021

and quickly. The only response to organized money (corporations) is organized labor.

Automation is growing rapidly. First is was self-serve gas. Now it's self-checkout at the stores. On top of that - the union dues have skyrocketed - while the benefits have lagged...causing this.

@Robecology Where are all of the Robots that We have been constantly threatened with ? There are Many things that Only a Human can do ( or will do ) .

@GEGR It's a good question....and I concur....some things need to remain a human-oriented career. (As a retired teacher I used to hear about Robots replacing teachers....and it did get to me for a while).

But it's not like it's been a revolution of robotics...more like an evolution.

First came self-service gas. Then the pay-at-the pump thing gave brick-and-mortar folk the idea for self-check-out. Computers are making interviews and jobs much more remote-operable (thanks to whoever invented the "Zoom" concept). So it's happening...albeit slowly, subtlety.

At this pace of inflation $15/hr isn't going to seem like much soon.

BD66 Level 8 Oct 11, 2021

That. Oh, and how much will those robots cost? And who is going to maintain them?

KateOahu Level 8 Oct 11, 2021

The robots are not cheap, and neither is their maintenance, or we would have seen a huge influx of them already. You still need a human overseer to maske sure that they don't malfunction horribly.

Recent Visitors 25

Photos 77,317 More

Posted by KilltheskyfairyI don’t understand why it hasn’t happened…

Posted by KilltheskyfairyA few things that people (fellas) seem to not understand about the bear vs man thing: The scenario is, a woman is walking through the woods hiking alone.

Posted by KilltheskyfairyA few things that people (fellas) seem to not understand about the bear vs man thing: The scenario is, a woman is walking through the woods hiking alone.

Posted by backtobasicsA little drinking fun

Posted by backtobasicsA little drinking fun

Posted by KilltheskyfairyI think even dummies know some of these?

Posted by KilltheskyfairyBear vs man: A bear wouldn’t demand my phone number so he could send me pictures of his bear junk.

Posted by KilltheskyfairyBear vs man: A bear wouldn’t demand my phone number so he could send me pictures of his bear junk.

• Top tags#god #religion #religious #world #video #memes #friends #hope #Atheist #kids #reason #church #DonaldTrump #hell #cats #money #dogs #sex #Jesus #atheism #relationship #Bible #children #book #truth #Christian #beliefs #death #movies #parents #belief #evidence #animals #community #laws #agnostic #mother #fear #wife #humans #society #earth #faith #believer #religions #guns #Song #books #Christians #humor ...

Members 2,992Top

Moderators