Agnostic.com
9 6

If they lie, fudge data, etc. they can't possibly be genuine scientists; they are not following the science. Follow the science not the scientist.

Ryo1 8 Dec 18
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

More of the war on Science. When small minds hear there is welfare fraud they want to end welfare for everyone.

Actually, scientists are cut from a different cloth. Who else wants to spend a decade in college studying the minute details of something, only to spend the rest of your life in relative poverty?

And now, you get death threats as a reward.

BitFlipper Level 8 Dec 19, 2021

Oh my goodness, there are crappy scientists??? Just like there are crappy auto mechanics, dentists, and plumbers????
Who knew?

AnneWimsey Level 9 Dec 18, 2021

I spent 9 years in academia completing a PhD, then another 14 years at tech companies working with scientists and engineers. I would say (as a group) the scientists and engineers are more honest than the average person, but those who choose to feed at the government trough have perverse incentives in place to keep the grant money coming in, so those are the most likely to fudge data and omit inconvenient results. They are also the group most likely to throw in the popular buzzwords at the time in order to impress those doling out grant money.

BD66 Level 8 Dec 18, 2021

This guy is a serious lying asshole as well as being a moron. Covid, you're up...

Former Nye sheriff’s office candidate Champion arrested
[pvtimes.com]

Federal Court Bars Nevada Man from Promoting Tax Fraud Scheme
[justice.gov]

Apr 13, 2021 β€” Dave Champion is Dr Reality, author of "Body Science" and "Income Tax: Shattering the Myths".
[google.com]

racocn8 Level 9 Dec 18, 2021

That's why peer review is a MAJOR part of the scientific method.
If you have one underhanded Ph.D. like lets say David Champion willing to lie about their findings for $$. Another underhanded Ph.D. that wants $$ too will quickly disprove the first.
That's the beauty of it all, it's self regulating.
The only scientist I know that have become crack pots have become crack pots due to jealousy and stubbornly holding on to pet theories that everyone else know to be wrong.

Yes David, I will FOLLOW THE SCIENCE, and you're a dumb fuck Ph.D. or not.

I work with a scientist and his team. He is genuine but he has to include words like 'environment' and 'climate change' in his theses. These in-words attract attention so that he can get more funds for his research. A hard reality...

Ryo1 Level 8 Dec 18, 2021

I thought scientists were next to God. That would be the Government.

Trash that thought, they are not any more special than the rest of us. If they started flying around a room by body only, that could change my mind.

This is important; and easier said than done. I like folk who share links...but many are sharing from the dot coms of the world..and they're in it for profit. Go to the Dot info's , the dot govs the dot orgs or the Dot Edu's for better science.

[usg.edu]

Robecology Level 9 Dec 18, 2021

I don't know who needs to hear this, but yes, most scientists ARE cut from a finer cloth.

There are some that lie cheat and steal for money prestige and advancement. Most do not.

If you say otherwise, show us some data to prove it - don't just spew anal drivel.

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 36

Photos 77,293 More

Posted by KilltheskyfairyThese just annoy me🧐

Posted by KilltheskyfairySounds like something they’d do.

Posted by KilltheskyfairyInteresting numbers.

Posted by KilltheskyfairyFeminist food for thought…

Posted by YoujaesI saw this picture of the Chicken Sky Wizard and I thought it belonged here.

Posted by Ryo1"Everyone" πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Posted by noworry28So no free gas ever.

Posted by glennlabParenting is hard when you're honest

Posted by glennlabI proudly served, even if it was reluctantly, for 6 years.

• Top tags#god #religion #religious #world #video #memes #friends #hope #Atheist #kids #reason #church #DonaldTrump #hell #cats #money #dogs #sex #Jesus #atheism #relationship #Bible #children #book #truth #Christian #beliefs #death #movies #parents #belief #evidence #animals #community #laws #agnostic #mother #fear #wife #humans #society #earth #faith #believer #religions #guns #Song #books #Christians #humor ...

Members 2,991Top

Moderators