Agnostic.com
7 16

This is what I say to people trying to preach to me.🤔

noworry28 8 Aug 6
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Neil DeGrasse Tyson sums it up so politely;

If you could prove it, it would not be religion.

BD66 Level 8 Aug 7, 2022

It's a never ending story. I refuse to argue anymore. I just ignore them and eventually they will go away

MrChange Level 7 Aug 7, 2022

I have a nasty vicious streak that enjoys making them squirm as a result of their own wilful ignorance and their own wilful stupidity.

@anglophone I feel you. It's very satisfying. I live in the Bible belt state of florida. I'm sure you know that even the animals are religious here. lol

I've also got two words for religious folk 😉

puff Level 8 Aug 7, 2022

Hello sweetie?

Most "proof" is of the "Look at the trees" variety. Or the "Morality is written on our hearts (by god)" type. No "holy book" has stood up to real scrutiny & no apologia has done more than muddy the waters, at best.

Provide any real proof & there would be no atheists. We may still not be worshipers, but we would no longer be atheists... I have a feeling we won't be going anywhere anytime soon.

phxbillcee Level 10 Aug 7, 2022

How to frighten the crap out of any religious fundamentalist: "Where is your falsifiable evidence to support the existence claim of your particular god?".

Christianity has been proven to be true…by Christians.

Islam has been proven to be true…by Muslims.

Mormonism has been proven to be true…by Mormons.

Etc., etc.

And the moral of the story is…if you can’t afford to be proven wrong, then being right is the only option. So you start with the conclusion and then work your way backward to make the evidence and arguments fit the desired outcome. Also known as circular logic.

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 33

Photos 77,298 More

Posted by Ryo1

Posted by KilltheskyfairyThose are my pronouns too!

Posted by KilltheskyfairyEaster hack??

Posted by KilltheskyfairyStill Women’s History Month…

Posted by noworry28There's nothing Holy about any of the Torah, New Testament, or Quran.

Posted by KilltheskyfairyHappy Atheist Day to my fellow Atheists!

Posted by KilltheskyfairyYou can’t win!

Posted by noworry28This is so funny 😁

• Top tags#god #religion #religious #world #video #memes #friends #hope #Atheist #kids #reason #church #DonaldTrump #hell #cats #money #dogs #sex #Jesus #atheism #relationship #children #Bible #book #truth #Christian #beliefs #death #movies #parents #belief #evidence #animals #community #laws #agnostic #mother #wife #fear #humans #society #earth #faith #believer #religions #guns #Song #books #Christians #humor ...

Members 2,975Top

Moderators