Agnostic.com
7 19

Reminder to Ron DeSantis & the GOP's "Red Wave: The tides of change are hard to stop.

bookofmorons 8 Nov 11
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

When the Antarctic Thwaites ice shelf goes...

racocn8 Level 9 Nov 12, 2022

When i was near Orlando 6 years ago several major roads were sinking.....they were trying to build new ones more-or-less parallel, but the "new road" was littered with abandoned equipment that had sunk into the mire that occurred as soon as they tried to dig....the standing, brackish water was immediately higher than the existing roadway.
And nobody bought white clothes as the washing machine water was Brown. And of course bottled water was a must for ingestion.

AnneWimsey Level 9 Nov 12, 2022

I don't see it happening in years...but in a few decades...yes.

Robecology Level 9 Nov 11, 2022

Quite possibly before the end of the decade...

racocn8 Level 9 Nov 11, 2022

How is that investment in beachfront property going?

glennlab Level 10 Nov 11, 2022

Perhaps the next money making scheme will be glass bottom boat tours of old Florida neighborhoods.

OldGoat43 Level 9 Nov 11, 2022

The leftist greenies have been predicting the end of the world due to climate change since 1989.

Funny how Florida still seems to be the same size, isn't it?

BD66 Level 8 Nov 11, 2022

Typical insular American.Try telling that to the millions flooded in Pakistan and the thousands starving in Africa due to drought.

@Moravian Typical example of a perverse hatred of the West by leftists:

There have always been deadly floods:

[en.wikipedia.org]

However the floods today are much less deadly because of:

1. Improved building methods developed primarily in the West.
  2. Improved weather prediction based on technology and instrumentation developed in the West.

As far as Africans starving goes. There have always been deadly famines:

[en.wikipedia.org]

However the famines today are much less deadly because of:

1. Improved agricultural technology developed primarily in the West.
  2. A huge increase in food production in the West.

But don't let me stop you from indulging yourself in your self-hatred.

@BD66 I know Americans aren't too hot on geography but I think you will find that the UK is in "the west!".
I keep an open mind on everything,that's why I am an atheist and why I accept the majority concensus that climate change is already happening.
The hottest seven years on record occurred since 2015 and last night here was the warmest November night ever recorded.
Conservatism is based on greed and exploitation but watch out the sand you have your head buried in may overheat and fry the little brain you have left.

Leftist greenies? Seriously? Doesn’t sound very objective or even scientifically astute. The beautiful thing about science is that facts don’t care whether you’re a leftist greenie or a conservative kook.

The meme you’ve posted has been making the rounds for sone time now, and is very popular among science deniers. But it only goes to show the lack of understanding on the part of those who have been circulating it. This 1989 article merely states that if the trends in climate change weren’t reversed by the year 2000, entire would be at risk. The fact is a number of island nations in the South Pacific are already at risk and have appealed to the United Nations for the developed countries to stop their unchecked deposits of greenhouse gases into the atmosphere.

But don’t take it from me. I urge you to go to the NOAA and NASA websites and read up on the topic. There you will find numerous articles and videos backed by a vast amount of data which can help explain why we have a rising sea level. The science here is not red or blue, and science may be the only thing upon which both sides can (eventually) agree.

BD66 is a russian bot, or an idiot.

Either way, engagement will only end in frustration..

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 31

Photos 77,293 More

Posted by KilltheskyfairyThese just annoy me🧐

Posted by KilltheskyfairySounds like something they’d do.

Posted by KilltheskyfairyInteresting numbers.

Posted by KilltheskyfairyFeminist food for thought…

Posted by YoujaesI saw this picture of the Chicken Sky Wizard and I thought it belonged here.

Posted by Ryo1"Everyone" πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Posted by noworry28So no free gas ever.

Posted by glennlabParenting is hard when you're honest

Posted by glennlabI proudly served, even if it was reluctantly, for 6 years.

• Top tags#god #religion #religious #world #video #memes #friends #hope #Atheist #kids #reason #church #DonaldTrump #hell #cats #money #dogs #sex #Jesus #atheism #relationship #Bible #children #book #truth #Christian #beliefs #death #movies #parents #belief #evidence #animals #community #laws #agnostic #mother #fear #wife #humans #society #earth #faith #believer #religions #guns #Song #books #Christians #humor ...

Members 2,990Top

Moderators