Agnostic.com
11 10

LINK New Sci-Fi Looking Pistol Packs 50 Rounds Of High-Velocity Personal Defense Weapon Ammo

In case you're wondering what law enforcement and right-wingers are using for "personal defense" ...

... here it is!

This should scare the shit out of every person in America. Your neighbor might mistake you for a UPS guy, or a Grubhub driver, but they're not expecting a delivery! I can see just how this will end. 😳😳😳😳

In-part:

• ...whereas the newer handgun cartridge spewing sub-gun was great at delivering highly-accurate volumes of fire even in very tight combat conditions, they lacked the ability to punch through ever more prevalent and capable body armor. Enter the PDW, which uses what can be loosely described as a miniaturized rifle cartridge that lacks the stopping power and range of their bigger cousins, but can punch through many types of body armor with ease, are extremely accurate, and can fit inside a highly ergonomic and compact weapon system.

While PDW cartridges have already been adopted in multiple handgun platforms, most notably Fabrique Nationale's FN Five-seveN, American gunmaker Kel-Tec just announced a pistol that looks more like it belongs on the set of a sci-fi film than in a holster of a soldier or law enforcement officer. Oh, and this new weapon packs a whopping 50 high-velocity rounds in a single magazine.

KEL-TEC
There are a growing number of PDWs on the market today, but the most well known is probably the Fabrique Nationale's P90, which replaced the MP5 within the U.S. Secret Service, and HK's MP7, which is famously used by SEAL Team Six. While smaller high-velocity rounds defined the PDW segment, it is increasingly blending with smaller and smaller weapons that leverage full-sized rifle cartridges, but that is a whole other story.*

SeaGreenEyez 9 Jan 13
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Well, just remember, if you manage to make owning a gun illegal, only Republicans will have guns.

Funny, but highly inaccurate.

@Alienbeing Not completely.

@Normanbites Something does not have to be "completely" to be highly inaccurate.

@Alienbeing Some people will own guns whether legal or not. Generally, these are the same people you would rather not have guns.

@Normanbites I agree some people will own gun without regard to legality. I wonder what evidcen you have that those are the same people you would rather not have guns? Are you referring to criminals?

@Alienbeing Ummmm are you intentionally being silly? Law says "don't own guns", they own guns. What part of the definition of criminal escapes you?

@Normanbites Not trying to be silly, I am trying to ascertain who the "some people" you refered to. I asked if you ment criminals because if that was the case I agree, if it was other maybe I don't.

I certainly don't need a lecture from you regarding the definition of criminal, I am a lawyer. Don't be a wis guy.

When I see foolishness like that weapon, my mind goes back to what Ron Reagan(the son) said about weapons.

CarlosG903 Level 6 Jan 31, 2021

Kel-Tec is known for engineering interesting advancements to firearms. Realistically, this is not substantially more dangerous than a traditionally designed firearms with a 50 round magazine or drum. They just figured out how to feed the bullet into the chamber while rotating it 90 degrees. It might not be practical or reliable, but it is outside of the box thinking. What caliber is it?

the way, I am a new member here with an interest in firearms AND sensible gun laws. So, hopefully I can provide insight and learn from others at the same time.

MorganR Level 5 Jan 24, 2021

Battlefield weapons DO NOT BELONG IN CIVILIAN hands cop hands gang hands....fun practice shooting indoor rages ARE NOT BATTLEFIELD CONDITIONS nor are the paintball games businesses that are no so "harmless" ...it takes months to train " a well regulated militia" given the upgrade of weapons in the literal sword&musket days 1791 when the right to keep&bear arms meant killing both Mohawks and British

If you are going to have a gun, you have to know what it is, how to use it ,and have the mind set to be able to use it. Just because you have a gun and can pull the trigger at a range does not mean you have the experience to use it effectively during an attack. As soon as you start to point the gun at a person you will start to shake, you will have thoughts as to what will happen to the person and to you as what will happen at a number of levels. If you cannot hold the gun steady while you are being shot at and perhaps hit then do not get a gun as it will only end up in the hands of your attacker. It looks safe and easy on TV, life is not a episode of a TV program.

@SeaGreenEyez not to anyone, you must pass a background check and it must be legal in your state. guns usually have a trigger that takes several pounds of pressure to pull back.

I wonder how long it will be before this thing turns up in an American classroom being pointed at children fleeing and dying in terror?

David1955 Level 8 Jan 13, 2021

We had better get control of this internal arms race or we are in for a bad end.

Sticks48 Level 9 Jan 13, 2021

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed." US constitution 1791

In 1791 this was a state or the art firearm, the Spanish single shot cavalry pistol, as issued to the US army not something that looks like it came out of a Robocop movie

And we really had no official national Military. The National Guard is that well armed militia.

The 2nd amendment what written for its reason to own the tool, not the type of tool.

@CourtJester words (and tools) change over time, this cannot anticipated when there is no concept of that change possible at the time of authorship.
Even in the 18th century people understood that "to keep and bear Arms" meant swords, daggers and muskets etc, it did not mean a cannon or a warship.
By your interpretation of the amendment I could move in next door to you with my family of six M.O.A.B.s and an intercontinental ballistic missiles and still be within the law.

@LenHazell53 I think what is important is that they wanted the citizens to have the same weapons as our government and foreign governments that might attack the citizens to maintain the constitution.
If missiles were permitted, I might have those too so I could help you set up when you moved in.

@CourtJester

@LenHazell53 So what would you say was the Founding Father's intent on the 2nd amendment then?

The average person feeling they need a gun to protect themselves really has no idea what it feels like to be under attack. My sister has 2 guns, no idea what kind but one is a pistol. She regularly goes to a range and shoots.
She voted for trump, gets her news from fox, oann and I'm sure newsmax.
Never in the military.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I can not even imagine what she thinks is going to happen in her very white suburban neighborhood.

@SeaGreenEyez LOL I have to ask, is it a comedy series? HAHAHAHAHAHA

@SeaGreenEyez Paranoia !!!. I have many friends and family in the USA and none of them have any interest in guns but I was invited to a "pizza party" in Idaho. A lovely, charming hospitable generous family but paranoid. The man of the house told me he kept several loaded guns in the house when the family were growing up. A few years ago two women were raped and murdered in the neighbouring town so he was taking no chances.

Wicked

bobwjr Level 10 Jan 13, 2021
Write Comment

Recent Visitors 46

Photos 507 More

Posted by ButtercupI doubt she said it buts it's cute.

Posted by Smurfing101

Posted by DruviusAh yes, modern America.

Posted by Tejas

Posted by SwitchcraftSandy Hook 13th sad anniversary - 12/14/12

Posted by SwitchcraftSandy Hook 13th sad anniversary - 12/14/12

Posted by MoravianSad but true.

Posted by DruviusAlways loved this one.

Posted by TejasAnti trump pistol. Do you have mixed feelings about it?

Posted by TejasLook at this scary gun!

Posted by Tejas

Posted by SeaGreenEyezThe most unaware "Awareness Day" in America was yesterday.

Posted by SeaGreenEyezThe most unaware "Awareness Day" in America was yesterday.

• Top tags#guns #NRA #video #laws #violence #guncontrol #massshooting #god #DonaldTrump #Police #world #children #religion #reason #Texas #hell #religious #friends #republicans #rights #death #vote #kids #Atheist #hope #USA #society #teachers #church #truth #florida #government #fear #money #belief #atheism #conservative #sex #parents #Christian #agnostic #earth #community #schools #culture #evidence #youtube #Christians #wife #murder ...

Members 918Top