Agnostic.com
3 0

Why is the UK government denying this event?

HMS Defender shot at by Russia.

[craigmurray.org.uk]

[smh.com.au]

FrayedBear 9 June 24
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It takes one to know one and I am called a stirrer. Putin is a stirrer.

Mcflewster Level 8 June 25, 2021

It's obviously a deliberate attempt to provoke Russia. It's also insane brinksmanship considering Russia is a nuclear power.

Druvius Level 8 June 24, 2021

Like Australia in the China Sea provoking the Chinese.

I am usually a supporter of Craig Murray but i'm not so sure in this case. Macho man Putin would like to recreate the Soviet empire and weakness shown by NATO would just encourage him. As to whether the Russians fired close to the navy ship and dropped bombs or not. Take your pick.

Moravian Level 8 June 24, 2021

First time that I've encountered him.
I loved his forthright observation. I suggest that it is NATO pushed by American propoganda & aggression that is the problem not Russia.

@FrayedBear Exactly, Putin has never done anything but protect Russia, it's interests, and Russians. And that is somehow "Russian aggression?" The Cold War was stupid propaganda from the beginning, and is infinitely stupider after the collapse of the Soviet Union.

@Druvius Are you serious ???. Annexing Crimea and invading Ukraine just for a start

@Moravian The people of Crimea voted OVERWHELMINGLY and understandably to join Russia after the western fomented Nazi coup in Ukraine made it their first order of business to pass laws making ethnic Russians living in Ukraine second class citizens. That would be pretty much everyone living in Crimea, which was only part of Ukraine because of an accident in history. Democracy and self determination corrected an historical wrong. But the west only gives a crap about that when it is in their interests to do so.

@Druvius To think that the referendum in Crimea was fair is about as ridiculous as thinking that Trump won the 2020 US election.
It was naive of Europe to make overtures to Ukraine as it was obvious what the Russian response would be and the Ukrainian people have suffered as a result.
I have no love for Putin or US/UK imperialism but this little episode was nothing more than a bit of minor sabre rattling

Isn't this the Craig Murray that is appealing his conviction for contempt of court with his reporting of the Alex Salmond case? Wouldn't pay much attention to his views on any issue as no decent man would have done what he did. I hope he eventually serves every day of his 8 month prison sentence.

@Monik One and the same but he was probably stitched up by the establishment.

@Moravian English is not my first language but my understanding was that he watched some of the trial from the public gallery then wrote about it on his website which could identify the women making the accussations. It was this that led to his conviction and not that he was stitched up

@Monik He still has an appeal pending so he may yet get off. Salmond was found not guilty on all charges so were the women encouraged to accuse him ?. the whole thing is a bit fishy.

Recent Visitors 18

Photos 58 More

Posted by MoravianTory Corruption ?

Posted by MoravianA Tory Christmas carol

Posted by MoravianAny takers

Posted by MattHardyA Boris promise is just a lie that hasn't happened yet. Whatever Sue Grey says, no way is Boris going to admit he lied and resign.

Posted by MoravianJacob Rees Mogg is one of my least favourite people in the world.

Posted by MoravianBoris certainly has his finger on the pulse

Posted by webspider555No trump to take the spotlight off him now

Posted by MannanWhat do you think.....?hahaha

Posted by McflewsterEVERY BORIS SPEECH [agnostic.com]

Posted by MoravianPolitics in the UK

Posted by webspider555All set to go well with the vaccination roll out

Posted by webspider555Vaccine already in production

Posted by webspider555If Boris is mentioned then I cannot rule out it being true

Posted by HawkeyeNew to this group, thanks for having me :) Thought I would share something that has had my poor wee atheist brain turning for a few days (the article is a few days old).

Posted by McflewsterWhere Religion ,Monarchy and Private Education meet. Taken from the Book "BOY" by Roald Dahl "Tales of Childhood" [agnostic.com]

Posted by webspider555I’m beginning to wonder whether our government is just incompetent or are all these things happening just to get us in a rage arguing amongst ourselves.

• Top tags#video #world #hope #religious #government #god #religion #church #DonaldTrump #Atheist #BBC #vote #atheism #reason #friends #death #politics #money #children #laws #agnostic #fear #community #book #minister #Christian #media #belief #society #faith #rights #parents #dogs #cats #beliefs #hello #Jesus #politicians #truth #Australia #weather #movies #Christmas #wife #conservative #Wisdom #Song #kids #USA #Europe ...

Members 387Top