Agnostic.com
2 1

My bedtime post tonight is one of the best live performances of a-ha’s 1987 hit song Manhattan Skyline, performed in March 2001 in Oslo, less than six months before 9/11 when sadly Manhattan’s skyline was destined to be changed forever…

Marionville 10 Mar 11
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Awesome! Wish I could have been there.🥰

Yes…me too!

I think that I'd like it far more if it was a lot quieter.

It’s not meant to be quiet…it’s a rock song! Why do you never say that about the Rolling Stones or any of the other rock bands you frequently post?

@Marionville Because I grew up with them. You introduced me to AhA. 30 years ago a friend obsessed with Grateful Dead lent me lots of their music. It did nothing for me. I'd not grown up with them. Most of the listeners here seem to still be into pop music. I'm not. I had a phase when I was. I'm now posting a lot of pop music which means nothing to me but I'm keeping things moving on this site. The only music I listen to regularly on the radio is CBC Choral Concert at 9 a.m. on Sundays. 2 hours. There used to be two others which played folk music but they are gone.
Very occasionally I'll play Pink Floyd. I have downloaded concerts by the Rolling Stones but I just listened once to half of one. Quite enough.
After Jeannie, music died in me.4-1/2 years ago. I've not even assembled by stereo. My guitars sit unplayed. Most of the time I live in silence. This winter I have been watching a lot on YouTube, recently Britain's Got Talent. Who are the two silly me in the background shepherding people on and off stage yet seeming to be very important to the show. Simon Cowell is incredibly full of himself. The women give top marks far too easily.

@rogerbenham I don’t watch Britain’s Got Talent…that sort of thing doesn’t appeal to me. I watch a lot of fiilm TV drama series, many are now streamed on Netflix as well as on the terrestrial channels, but the BBC is still pretty good at it. It’ll not surprise you hear that I particularly like the Scandi-noir type thrillers best!

@Marionville BGT: I only watch semi finals or higher. Or exclusively Gold Buzzer events. The bad ones can be terrible.

Recent Visitors 8

Photos 63 More

Posted by FrayedBearNow the sanctions against Israel spread to the Euroschism Song contest.

Posted by FrayedBearA recording of an interesting broadcast on the subject of coffee by relatively well known but nonetheless superb Australian folk singer Kavisha Mazella

Posted by kocasYou will face a hurdle in the daily weaving game that you must overcome.

Posted by Zoewees[shp.ee] SALDO SHOPEE GRATIS LANGSUNG CAIR 2022

Posted by ReignmondIt is tough to find sharable music from The Oppossums Of Truth. There are 3 full albums of Scientific Gospel music here. [boomplay.com]

Posted by ReignmondIt is tough to find sharable music from The Oppossums Of Truth. There are 3 full albums of Scientific Gospel music here. [boomplay.com]

Posted by ReignmondIcelandic Folk Music - Tyrkjaránid - YouTube

Posted by ReignmondOk...how about this hauntingly beautiful opera aria? [youtu.be]

Posted by ReignmondOkay, let's just say this is not like K-pop....and let it go at that. I stumbled on them about 3 years ago. [youtu.be]

Posted by ReignmondAn Irish song in Gaelic with translation [youtu.be]

Posted by ReignmondThe song title translates to I Won't Give Up by Hungarian Alternative/Indie band Intim Torna Illegál (Intimate Gymnastics Is Illegal). [youtu.be]

Posted by ReignmondGet ready for some beautiful music. I have a couple albums by Heartstrings. Sometimes I play them in the office and it is quite popular. [youtu.be]

Posted by ReignmondJapanglish Song - YouTube

Posted by ReignmondAVA Opera - The Doll's Song from "Tales of Hoffmann" - YouTube

Posted by ReignmondYoshida Brothers - Rising - YouTube

Posted by ReignmondHunnu Guren - Batzorig Vaanchig & Auli - YouTube

• Top tags#video #Song #world #musicians #Norway #traditional #god #sing #hope #friends #dance #hello #movies #religion #youtube #Europe #jazz #children #Australia #films #lyrics #religious #DonaldTrump #death #reason #church #wife #Atheist #earth #book #USA #mother #parents #relationship #Russian #sex #hell #community #money #soul #Christian #kids #culture #holiday #dream #atheism #plays #Jesus #beliefs #laws ...

Members 1,330Top