Agnostic.com
2 9

My next door neighbour has just bought a few old automobiles, including a Dodge Omni.

I think he’s got that car owner virus.

Zealandia 8 July 19
Share
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

1

What's a Dodge Omni?

FrayedBear Level 9 July 19, 2022

Dodge Omni was a sedan produced by Chrysler USA during the 1980’s. As far as I can tell, it wasn’t sold in Australia or NZ.

@Zealandia Or the UK?

@FrayedBear Derived from the Chrysler Alpine that was manufactured in Europe apparently. Were the Alpines imported into Oz? I don’t recall them, although it seems that they sold in small numbers here.

BTW, there’s a fair number of Yank Tanks from the 50’s and 60’s on TradeMe and on the road, people are importing them from the States. I like looking at them, although all I’m interested in now personally is something that gets me from A to B reliably. My Honda Fit Jap import meets my needs perfectly.

@Zealandia Honda fit possibly called a Jazz here.
Alpine looks familiar body shape but obviously so uninteresting I cannot specifically recall it.

@FrayedBear Yes, the Oz/Kiwi version of the Honda Fit is called the Jazz.
My car still has the original electronic toll collection unit for Japanese motorways built in under the steering wheel. An automated voice message in Japanese activates every time I open the door. Apparently it’s reminding me to insert the ETC or Electronic Tolling Card.

1

Would that be a mark II or III?

puff Level 8 July 19, 2022