Agnostic.com
5 3

LINK Barack Obama: Imperial disdain for Too Far Left youth | Middle East Eye

"His endorsement of the hysterical liberal consensus that pits Trump as the beginning and end of American political perversion has aggravated a society already on edge ... The calculated buffoonery, open xenophobia and misogyny that has accompanied the Trump presidency might have, by favourable comparison, turned Obama into the forever all-American president, but for many others willing to see Trump as only one grotesque part of Empire, they know that Obama, for all his shine, is not so distinct from Trump, after all ...

"Obama’s calls for an end to the demagoguery of the Trump era as well as for a return to a time of decorum - where 'call-out culture' is frowned upon and 'flawed' personalities are allowed to be themselves - is remonstrative of a fundamentally hollow politics that has come to define him.

"It is the kind of politics that asks us to be polite to warmongers like George W Bush who led the world to war in Iraq while simultaneously asking us to jingoistically celebrate the death of Islamic State group leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, who was in many ways a creation of these illegal, imperial conquests."

altschmerz 9 Nov 25
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Trump is doing what he said? Like clearing the swamp? He is enlarging the swamp.

"This is still a country that is less revolutionary than it is interested in improvement,” he added. “They like seeing things improved, but the average American doesn’t think we have to completely tear down the system and remake it.”

This is the problem! We aren't improving! There is no time like today to take notice, especially since this Trump administration was put into power, WE ARE FUCKING GOING BACKWARDS!

Sorry to bust anyones ignorant little bubble, but the entire system needs to be torn down and remade is exactly the right answer. Our logic of society is quite frankly, near, EXTINCT. What the hell does it take to understand this? Inequality to the point of us becoming like Yemen? Some African like nation where we become the poster children of starvation. Because that's the very path we're on. Anyone here have a clue what our water issues are like around the country, let alone around the globe? What's in our foods? Our cities are obsolete! While they build more and more gated communities to separate themselves from us. That's because they know I'm right.

The mess America finds itself in started well before our current office holders. Go all the way back to Newt Gingrich and his 'contract with America' That evil bastard stated he would never work with the other side. He vilified any one or thing that was not in his sphere of reality. Paved the way for right and far right talk radio, promoted crazy theories and worked hard at the divide and conquer routine.
Obama was not perfect and compared to Bush ll he was sooooooo intelligent. Bush is not dumb per se but I think he had poor speech writers and should have spent more time at toastmasters. The people behind Bush , rumsfeld, cheney, etc. had far too much influence showing Bush chose poorly the people to surround himself with.

I voted for him twice with nary a regret 🤓

@altschmerz yes I just did
It seems like a revisionist viewpoint,and while he may have been guilty for turning a blind eye to the more egregious uses of American military power,I would still rather have Obama or someone like him instead of one of the hate filled republicans

@altschmerz Of course there is somethi thing wrong;I saw Obama as the best option.I am frustrated and disgusted with the current state of politics in our country,however,at times I just hold my nose and vote for the least harmful person.

Yes well Obama sure liked drones killing people. Very much an elitist.

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 19

Photos 120 More

Posted by William_MaryIf You Wish Someone a Happy Memorial Day, You Fail to Understand Its True Meaning The mythology perpetuated at Memorial Day benefits no one save the militarists and war profiteers.

Posted by LufahyuMedia Sources; people from all walks and ideologies peruse a variety of source material available on the Internet, some more reliable than others.

Posted by joy2loveThe Neuroscience of Illusion - Scientific American

Posted by CherokeemanBlessings y'all.

Posted by Archeus_LoreA good meme for religious people to see . . . .

Posted by William_MaryIt has been questioned if Einstein actually made this statement.

Posted by William_Mary“The ideas of the ruling class are in every epoch the ruling ideas, i.

Posted by William_MaryHowever we have an escape-------[wsws.org]

Posted by William_MaryKeep people from their history, and they are easily controlled.

Posted by William_MaryThis fairly explains our political woes within our citizenry when it comes to the voting process that's managed within only 2 parties with their perceptions managed by propaganda designed to support ...

Posted by William_MaryI can pretty much apply this thought to just about everyone who has attempted to challenge my agenda here in this group, and my comments on social media in regards to our political arena.

Posted by William_MaryBy Apr.

Posted by William_MaryThe working class holds the strength to change the world for a better society for everyone. We just need to refuse to remain indoctrinated into their manufactured delusional reality.

Posted by William_MaryWhen the state is controlled by corporations and the ruling class.

Posted by of-the-mountainHas sanity and respect for all female, male, and children’s healthcare been suspended by these obstructionists republican fascists with their overt agenda against the people of this country!!! Are ...

Posted by William_MaryWorld's Most Tyrannical Regime Can't Stop Babbling About "Human Rights" We saw the change in coverage because Washington and its imperial spinmeisters only care about human rights abuses insofar as...

• Top tags#world #DonaldTrump #government #media #video #society #money #republicans #democrats #truth #death #military #laws #USA #reason #democratic #god #policy #evidence #vote #politics #politicians #children #hope #hell #BernieSanders #rights #created #campaign #corporate #population #fear #religion #BarackObama #community #Police #book #TheTruth #friends #Russian #religious #relationship #China #economic #capitalism #nation #freedom #propaganda #kids #wars ...

Members 1,703Top