Agnostic.com
3 5

LINK Campaign against Sanders on ‘antisemitism’ for his criticism of Israel begins in earnest

Wow, Bernie's a self-hating Jew?

In recent days, a group calling itself Democrats Against Anti-Semitism has begun an earnest campaign to inject the discourse with the idea that Bernie Sanders, historically the leading Jewish politician ever to run for president, is an antisemite because of his positions on Israel. That group joins New York Times opinion editor Bari Weiss and others in seizing on the urgent task of vilifying Sanders. They evidently aim to “Corbyn-ize” him, by parroting smears used effectively against the UK Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn.
altschmerz 9 Dec 28
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I see nothing more racist than people of Jewish faith/ heritage referring to themselves a race. And somehow criticising a supposed "secular & democratic" nation less than 100 yes old is also racist. Even a special word for this particular racism; antisemitic.
If you identify with a group and feel your group is superior to others, then it is you who will be discriminatory towards others.
Israel is not a kibbutz, it is a nation ffs. And Jews are people just like the rest of us. And the people of Israel tolerate right wing leaders for their country, who treat Israel like a kibbutz, a Jewish enclave, rather than an equal member nation of the world community. And Israel is fairly criticised for this attitude.
DAT the way I see it. Jews are people, and all groups of people have their fair share of dickheads.
Now if Israeli politicians participate in Sander's bashing, how loud will the cries of "foreign interference" be? Not very I feel.

powder Level 8 Dec 29, 2019

If Judaism were a race instead of a religion, wouldn't they all be Ashkenazi? But we have:
Sephardim
Mizrahim
Teimanim
Kaifeng
Bene Israel (aka Shanivar Teli)
Habashim (aka Beta Israel)
who knows what else

Not to mention Israelis think they have some kind of link to Palestine, but they don't, really:
[theconversation.com]

Many consider Sanders to be leaning Zionist. He has only himself to blame for the divisive views towards him on Israel. While the article postures him as a genuine advocate for the Palestinians he has left a well open for other notions through his actions and or lack of actions. If this link works out you can search through some other sides of the story.

[duckduckgo.com]

Yeah I know he's part of that curious species known as "liberal Zionist" and that he thinks BDS is anti-semitic. But the point is, even mild criticism of Israel is anathema to Bari Weiss and her ilk. Of COURSE the NYT would give the likes of her a platform.

ETA: the fact that he's the most pro-Palestinian of the Democratic candidates is problematic to say the least, but not surprising or unexpected.

@altschmerz well he's most likely going to go through pretty much the same smear campaign Corbyn went through. Warren also. He needs to pick a structured side and stick to it if he were genuine.

@William_Mary I think he's fundamentally incapable of doing that.

This idea that somehow criticism of Israel is anti-semItic is BULLSHIT!!! They have created many of the problems that exist over there.

Sticks48 Level 9 Dec 28, 2019

Recent Visitors 15

Photos 105 More

Posted by William_MaryWorld's Most Tyrannical Regime Can't Stop Babbling About "Human Rights" We saw the change in coverage because Washington and its imperial spinmeisters only care about human rights abuses insofar as...

Posted by Mary_janeThis really hurt different

Posted by altschmerzSteve Chapman: Will Biden end the war in Afghanistan? Don’t bet on it

Posted by altschmerzKilling Nora: The Real Reason Trump Should Have Been Impeached

Posted by William_MaryI got a laugh out of this one. How ironic!

Posted by William_MaryThere's a lot of ass covering going on in the MSCM today.

Posted by William_MaryI hate wishing my life away! But I'm in a hurry for a new economic and social structure for our grandchildren! Already preparing for 2024.

Posted by William_MaryI hate wishing my life away! But I'm in a hurry for a new economic and social structure for our grandchildren! Already preparing for 2024.

Posted by William_MarySay goodbye to the old boss.

Posted by William_MaryWill you know your sin of feeling like you're winning when you're actually loosing again? Good luck with that. May your favorite capitalist war hawk criminal win.

Posted by William_Mary You have to unite behind another party to finally end this obedience of complicity.

Posted by William_MaryProtests Break Out in Wisconsin After Police Shoot Black Man in the Back Multiple Times at Point-Blank Range Civil rights attorney Ben Crump said 29-year-old Jacob Blake’s children were in the ...

Posted by altschmerzThis is why identity politics sucks.

• Top tags#DonaldTrump #media #world #government #video #money #democrats #society #republicans #truth #democratic #death #military #laws #reason #politicians #god #politics #USA #policy #vote #BernieSanders #evidence #corporate #hope #campaign #hell #population #children #BarackObama #created #rights #Police #religion #fear #TheTruth #community #book #friends #religious #China #Russian #economic #relationship #capitalism #iran #propaganda #nation #federal #Australia ...

Members 733Top